Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think I'll be looking for a new house......

Chats: 5

Guess Im lucky to be at a House that oils before every league.

Chats: 0

This week only 4 teams left and 2 of us are only there to complete our commitment to the league and after that the Tuesday trio league will be no more. I spoke with the manager of the house and was treated like an Idiot. I was told that oil does not ware off lanes in a few hours no matter how games are played on them or what bowling balls are used. Her quote "They just do not break down and I am afraid you are listening to the wrong crowd about oil ware" Short end of the story 6 weeks and counting.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    This week only 4 teams left and 2 of us are only there to complete our commitment to the league and after that the Tuesday trio league will be no more. I spoke with the manager of the house and was treated like an Idiot. I was told that oil does not ware off lanes in a few hours no matter how games are played on them or what bowling balls are used. Her quote "They just do not break down and I am afraid you are listening to the wrong crowd about oil ware" Short end of the story 6 weeks and counting.
    What does or does not happen with the oil is irrelevant. They had an agreement to provide fresh conditions for your league which they are not. Weather the center manager believes about how oil wears makes no difference they are not living up to their agreement. That's just sad.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I can understand what the issue really is . A few weeks after your league started she added 2 more leagues that run one right after the other and finish up shortly before we start. She fixed that by moving us to the left end of the house that should provide enough time to get our lanes ready but something seems to always pop up that's more important. The thing that annoys me about the move is whomever is on 1 and 2 has to deal the mechanic walking out the door just as you are about to release the ball.(the door jam buts to the side of lane 1) Sad to say I'm looking forward to moving the only thing I will miss is some of the friends I will leave behind. I wish she would just be true to her word.
    Last edited by Jessiewoodard57; 02-25-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

It's a huge problem with the sport the way most houses are run. They care a lot more about birthday parties. Cosmic bowling, and families paying $6 a game than about there league bowlers!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

My place (AMF owned) does care about league bowlers even though are very busy with open bowlers. When I go in and practice and even if they are 70-80% capacity they will give me two lanes. They go the extra mile for league bowlers. We get fresh oil and the shot is consistent. Ball returns, pit, approach are all clean. My balls don't have any gouges and show minimal scratches. Balls aren't overly dirty after league play.

Jessie..... I'm sure that your league, just as all leagues do, had to sign a contract. That contract makes it binding that the league MUST pay for every bowler, whether they bowl or not. That is a binding agreement. It doesn't matter if there's nothing written in the contract about them saying you would bowl every week on fresh oil. That can be construed as a Gentlemans agreement AND that manager needs to abide by that.

I used to manage a house up north and I would NEVER have considered doing that to one of my leagues. Talk to the guy, see how he reacts, and if he gets pissy, find out who the owners are and contact them with all the information. Sounds like they need a Manager that know what he's doing.
    Good Luck let us know what happens in a follow up.

Bob
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Bob, I'm giving them another chance. they just changed THS to a 40 ft pattern (was 38 ft) that many of us like. Between the pattern and some adjustments to surfaces of my equipment scores are looking up.
    Last edited by Jessiewoodard57; 06-15-2016 at 07:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12