Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow Graham Fach ..

Chats: 0

Default wow Graham Fach ..

Awesome Game by another young blood ..Was pulling for Norm Duke but oh well congrats Graham
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

First Canadian to win on the PBA Tour ?
    Average =177 High Game = 249 High Series = 671
    Arsenal = Hammer 15# Burgundy, Hammer 16# Rythm, Track #15 Artillery Arsenal, Track 16# Tour SiC

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Track Hammer View Post
    First Canadian to win on the PBA Tour ?
    Yes

Exciting tournament there, and then got to see bizarre scoring system at the WBT event, Dom Barrett threw 10 strikes for 300, not 12 and got additional 10k. Great to see Danielle on national tv as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NYMIKE View Post
    Yes

Exciting tournament there, and then got to see bizarre scoring system at the WBT event, Dom Barrett threw 10 strikes for 300, not 12 and got additional 10k. Great to see Danielle on national tv as well.
    What kinda weird scoring system was that?

Quote Originally Posted by chrono00 View Post
    What kinda weird scoring system was that?
    30 points for strike, spares are whatever you get on the first shot plus 10 for conversion, so 9/ is 19 points. Miss of a spare is pinfall. Barrett threw 10 strikes for his 300, not 12 and received additional 10k bonus.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by NYMIKE View Post
    30 points for strike, spares are whatever you get on the first shot plus 10 for conversion, so 9/ is 19 points. Miss of a spare is pinfall. Barrett threw 10 strikes for his 300, not 12 and received additional 10k bonus.
    World Bowling came up with that I think to try to simplify scoring for non bowlers and see if they can use it as a possible scoring system for the Olympics if they ever get in. I think it's BS because does anyone know the scoring system for something like curling?

Unfortunately with the automatic scorers today, many bowlers themselves don't understand bowling scoring. I once saw a scratch league where the computer went down on one pair and the center manager had to keep score for the bowlers because none of them knew how to do it. I don't this this system is BS just because it's different. It definitely puts the emphasis on striking, but then is that the emphasis with all bowling today?

Pin Crusher

It is consecutively striking where you amass pins. The Olympics suck anyway. 2/3 of the stuff the winner is decided by a bias judge. Anything sport that has to be decided by a judge is too subjective.
    Besides if you are too dumb to keep score in bowling go play golf. You can keep score on your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Unfortunately with the automatic scorers today, many bowlers themselves don't understand bowling scoring. I once saw a scratch league where the computer went down on one pair and the center manager had to keep score for the bowlers because none of them knew how to do it. I don't this this system is BS just because it's different. It definitely puts the emphasis on striking, but then is that the emphasis with all bowling today?
    Wow they're in league play not knowing how to score? How do you anticipate what your team needs to win the point? makes no sense to me that they would not take time to learn such a vital part of bowling.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

That was some very high level shot making, aside from Cooley's 10th and Jesper's 2nd game...guys shooting 240s to high 250s and LOSING, wow!!! A couple of times they talked about the conditions being "easy", but shot making is shot making under any condition!

I really didn't understand why Cooley automatically re-racked after his 1st strike in the 10th, its like he iced himself. When I'm "feeling it" like I'm sure he was, I barely let the ball come out of the return before I snatch it up and am ready to strike again.

Norm Duke is still amazing!

I really liked that Cooley and Ciminelli brought balls to give away during introductions, its things like that that might help towards bringing the sport "back"...hopefully the other pros/ball reps saw that and that becomes more of a regular occurrence.

Did anyone else pick up Barret asking if he could throw 2 more to fill the 10th? ESPN/PBA/whoever missed out on letting/making that happen. Maybe they'll be more prepared if something like that happens again in one of those weird scoring games.

When is the outcry for banning Canadians going to surface??? I mean Fach did boat-race the type of guy that everyone wanted to ban last week...being a young Canadian, Graham definitely didn't earn that victory. HAHA
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    Roto Grip Critical ball give away winner (04JAN16-10JAN16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast