Thread: In search of shoes that might fit

Default In search of shoes that might fit

After recently embracing the sport (I have a first ball and today bowled a first 200+) I find myself in search of shoes that might fit. It's impossible to find things to try on locally so it's off the web I go.

Here's the problem; I'm truly a size 12.5 and left handed. No manufacturer makes one. Half sizes to 12, then full sized there on up. I'm trying to find a brand or model that is known for running big or small so as to buy a size up or down. I'm currently using a pair of Brunswick Warriors size 13 and the heel is way too big. They slide off without unlacing them.

I've read in a few reviews that Dexter SST 8 runs large by about 1/2 size. Does anybody know first hand if this is true? How about SST 6 or Tanks? They are pricey but comfort is worth it. Their lower end shoes (Ricky III, Turbo 2) are true to size. Either too big or too small. Maybe Storm (made by Dexter)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Grande

Chats: 32

I own the SST8's and they may run slightly large but not by a lot. Most of the big web sites offer size protection that you can purchase that will allow you to return the shoes at no additional cost for the next size and even includes return shipping. I would make use of that.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 256

My Brunswick TPU-X's are a size 10.5 which I wear in all other shoes and are big on me. I bought on line but opted out of size protection so just making them work for now so it's not a total waste of money.

My prior Dexters were 10's and fit me perfectly.

I think they all pretty much run larger than size in my experience.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

In street shoes I wear 12 to 13 depending on who makes them.

I've wore Dexter SST's size 12 and they fit good. The Toe box is a little wider than a street shoe.

I now have Brunswick TPU-X's size 12 and they at first feel a little narrow. But after wearing for just a little while they got super comfortable. I don't even feel them.

The Bowlingball.com/Pyramid HPU-X's are the same as the TPU-X's and a bit cheaper$$.

Also if you by online alot of sellers offer size protection which might be worth if your not sure.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

For me Dexter and 3G have both run a half size big. I wear 10 in street shoes and my SST6's are 9.5.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

This is all favorable news, thanks. It sounds like any of the higher end shoes might work well.

Just a follow up for those interested and have trouble finding shoes that fit;

I purchased the Dexter SST8 and they indeed run large. Plan on at least 1/2 smaller in the SST than you regularly wear.

I wear 12-13 (since 12.5 doesn't exist), mostly 13s. The SST8 in 12 are almost perfect. Still a hair big in length.