My review of the Asylum is as follows (drilling layout; see pic above):

I originally had this ball as #3 in my progression, based entirely on cover material (hybrid), sandwiched between my two solids and two pearls.

Unfortunately, this ball did not perform very well for me. I didn't get much movement out this ball...and when I finally found the pocket...it would almost always leave flat 7-pins or flat 10-pins or an 8-pin or 8-10 split. The only time it worked well for me was when I tried my luck in a no-tap tournament where carrying the corner pins wasn't an issue.

After really, really struggling to make this ball work, I had a pro watch me throw it...because I was having trouble seeing what the problem was...and their opinion was that it was trying to hook very early...which you'd expect with a 2.50 RG...but it was so early....and at a point in my progression where the lanes were already beat up a little...that it just didn't have energy in the pocket.

Had I taken it out sooner...on fresh conditions...with a more significant rev rate...it's possible I coulda had better luck with it...but at my rev rate on fresh conditions it couldn't get back to the pocket...and when it was finally dry enough to get back to the pocket...no energy, no carry.

Fortunately I won the ball...so no harm no foul...but it does make me weary of RotoGrip's product lines. I've heard a lot of good things...but most of the best performance I've seen in person has been the HP4 line...not the HP2 or HP3.

- Aslan