Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: USBC Declares Motiv Jackal/Jackal Challenge Approval Revoked

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Wow you guys sound like O. J.'s lawyers. I wish the USBC looked at oil patterns as closely.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Wow you guys sound like O. J.'s lawyers. I wish the USBC looked at oil patterns as closely.
    OJs lawyers had the excuse that they wanted to be famous and made a poo-ton of money...Mike's defense...is, well...not as solid...unless he's getting a check from Motiv and isn't telling us...which I doubt.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    OJs lawyers had the excuse that they wanted to be famous and made a poo-ton of money...Mike's defense...is, well...not as solid...unless he's getting a check from Motiv and isn't telling us...which I doubt.
    The only lawyer for OJ that became famous due to the trial was Kardashian, and he was more of a friend than a lawyer.

P.S. he was already financially well off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    The only lawyer for OJ that became famous due to the trial was Kardashian, and he was more of a friend than a lawyer.

P.S. he was already financially well off.
    Johnny Cochran was a nobody before that trial...now he's as memorable a lawyer name as anyone.

But, neither here or there...I don't plan to rich nor famous...especially not for pursuing the truth regarding the Motiv recall incident. There's a 96% chance, despite my efforts...no matter how much resolve I have...that bowling simply isn't a popular enough activity to warrant enough attention for this to even be a Page 8 story in the back of the sports section. Even if there were smoking guns and scandals left and right....unless pro bowlers start fighting each other in the nude during ESPN broadcasts...I can't imagine anyone putting down their iPhones and stop playing candy crush long enough to really care.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Johnny Cochran was a nobody before that trial...now he's as memorable a lawyer name as anyone.
    You have a right to your opinion, but that says more about you than it does about Jonnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    You have a right to your opinion, but that says more about you than it does about Jonnie.
    Yeah...me and 85 million other people.

Received a response from the USBC.

No new information...which is what I expected. I didn't really have any burning questions for them anyways. Mainly I just wanted to know:

Do they know who sent the balls in to be "spun" and are they considering revising their field testing procedures to be more aggressive and less reliant on competitors to submit samples?

They chose not to respond to those questions.

I presented other questions, to Brunswick, the PBA, and Motiv...and the USBC did reiterate that any scores bowled prior to the revoking of the certification will stand as bowled. However....the wording they used was something (I don't have the letter with me right now) to the effect that "bowlers with no prior knowledge", etc... That I think leaves the issue open.

But that really isn't the USBC's concern...that's more of a PBA question since the athletes in question won PBA major titles. Granted, there were USBC major events where the Jackals...and probably Carnages were thrown...but it's really more of a PBA issue than a USBC issue.

I'll go into more detail in a week or so, after I've given the other parties ample time to respond. I don't believe they will...I'm a member of the USBC so they have a vested interest in communicating with me...although it wouldn't have surprised me if they hadn't. The PBA, Brunswick, and Motiv have no obligatory reason to respond whatsoever and I doubt they will. I think it's a matter that'll likely require newspapers to investigate...people with actual "credentials" and investigative skills.

But still, props to the USBC for responding. I always like getting letters from the USBC. It's usually the only stuff I get in the mail that isn't a bill or junk mail.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 184; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

What no check for royalties from all the novels you write on here?
    Last edited by fordman1; 04-05-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    What no check for royalties from all the novels you write on here?
    I'm paid in love and admiration.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617