Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: USBC Declares Motiv Jackal/Jackal Challenge Approval Revoked

Waiting for this to blow up on SportsCenter. Can't wait for BREAKING NEWS ticker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Okay here at league and they passed out notices to tell everyone they cant use them.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

My league is Thursday. Can't say I've seen a Motive ball being used. Wonder if they'll say anything. I'll contact my PSO and see what he says

Chats: 32

I know a few guys who throw these and I can't imagine they are going to be happy. Trying to build something that close to the limit probably wasn't a good idea but then again who knew the usbc actually monitored anything anymore.

Ringer
    Chats: 23

I am sure it came under scrutiny after 2 majors wins recently. Honestly though, it is time for the USBC to look at more than just bowling balls. The lanes and oil pattern are so different a 200 average means nothing walking in to a different bowling alley.
    I give Motiv credit for what they are doing to fix the issue, but I don't blame them one bit for either it being a mistake or trying to take advantage of the circumstances. But I doubt that they purposely increased the differential, you are talking thousandths off which could easily be a mistake along the way. When you try to push the boundaries of what it is legal to give your customers the best equipment you are bound to step over the line a bit.

If you have a problem and are outraged over this, I assume you have never called into work sick or never told a lie.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Cranker

This is an automated reply from emailing Motiv support.

As of March 15, 2016, the USBC announced that they have pulled approval of the Jackal & Jackal Carnage bowling balls due to non-conformance with current specifications. Recent spot checking in the marketplace showed that both balls had an average differential over the maximum limit of .060.
    We are currently working on a form for our website at www.motivbowling.com that will allow bowlers to submit their Jackal or Jackal Carnage into a database to become eligible for a replacement ball. We expect the form to be on our website on Wednesday, March 23. While we will not be able to reimburse drilling fees, we will replace the bowling ball with a current model or a future release of the Jackal. More details in regards to this will be coming soon.
    Please know that we stand behind our product & we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you very much for your business & your patience on the matter

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    This is an automated reply from emailing Motiv support.

As of March 15, 2016, the USBC announced that they have pulled approval of the Jackal & Jackal Carnage bowling balls due to non-conformance with current specifications. Recent spot checking in the marketplace showed that both balls had an average differential over the maximum limit of .060.
    We are currently working on a form for our website at www.motivbowling.com that will allow bowlers to submit their Jackal or Jackal Carnage into a database to become eligible for a replacement ball. We expect the form to be on our website on Wednesday, March 23. While we will not be able to reimburse drilling fees, we will replace the bowling ball with a current model or a future release of the Jackal. More details in regards to this will be coming soon.
    Please know that we stand behind our product & we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Thank you very much for your business & your patience on the matter
    This is a decent way to respond.....but there's going to be a lot of pissed off people. They should reimburse drilling fees if you can provide proof of how much it cost.

League is tonight--there's going to be a couple of guys using different equipment for sure. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Quote Originally Posted by jab5325 View Post
    This is a decent way to respond.....but there's going to be a lot of pissed off people. They should reimburse drilling fees if you can provide proof of how much it cost.

League is tonight--there's going to be a couple of guys using different equipment for sure. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.
    No chance in hell they are reimbursing drilling fees. But sounds like they will allow customers to trade in balls

Ringer
    Chats: 23

I am part of the Motiv Bowling facebook group. And a bunch of the proshop guys on there are providing free drilling for the replacements people get. Now that is class acts, it is one thing for the company to step up and replace the balls. It is another for proshops to step up and drill for free. Most are just charging the cost for the thumb slug/IT/grips.

I do feel bad for anyone who only has 1 or 2 balls and their ball was deemed illegal. My Jackal has yet to be drilled for me so it doesn't bother me that I can't use it. I can only imagine what some people are going through with this.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    No chance in hell they are reimbursing drilling fees. But sounds like they will allow customers to trade in balls
    Agreed--but IMO from a customer service/goodwill standpoint, they should have those who turn the illegal balls in submit receipts for new drilling and pay up to $x for services.
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast