Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: USBC Declares Motiv Jackal/Jackal Challenge Approval Revoked

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Yeah I did have my own forum which went away for reasons out of my control. I could have created it again but Bill and I decided it was not worth the time to have. We wanted to do something else. And come to think of it, I kind of just enjoy bowling and not have the responsibility of taking care of something I was not profiting from. We took in zero money and were able to give away 3 balls. In the end it just isn't worth the time and effort.

And really caught cheating? I am sure those thousandths of differential really were meant to be there. Whatever though you can think you are right, I will keep throwing Motiv. And I am not mad this happened. At least the USBC finally stood up and enforced something albeit because supposedly someone sent them balls to test. In the end it really is a quality control issue which I am sure they will take care of.

I will keep supporting an American made product.

GET MOTIVATED!
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Keep in mind most bowling mfgs are American made so you could still be supporting America by buying Storm or Ebonite. Just sayin'

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Keep in mind most bowling mfgs are American made so you could still be supporting America by buying Storm or Ebonite. Just sayin'
    Well yes there are other American made options. But Motiv's story comes from the fact that Brunswick started making balls in Mexico shutting down the plant in Michigan. Which is now the home of Motiv. The other brands are good, and I do have a Storm ball myself. I just like my Motiv equipment better. I also like being different and in an area where Storm/Roto is everywhere I want something different.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Where's the link to that article?

Do you (everyone, not just VDub...but including VDub) honestly think it's conincidence that this happened at/around/just after Motiv athletes took two major titles??
    Coincidence, no, dont think so.

[cough]DV8/Brunswick[/cough]

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The whole "Spin these" story as far as I've been able to find is a just another rumor. The only thing you can find that says anything is that the USBC was doing spot checks and caught it.

Though that does sound unlikely, it could be. If thats not what happened, then most likely it was a company tipping them off.

Because the USBC would more likely listen to a company ( and maybe possibly a Motiv employee) tipping them off and taking it seriously, than they would just a proshop or ordinary bowler.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 03-18-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Coincidence, no, dont think so.

[cough]DV8/Brunswick[/cough]

http://i68.tinypic.com/14l68sh.jpg[/IMG]

In away that notice still doesn't come right out and say who actually said that. Several say that well Dilaura has friends/contacts in the companies and the USBC, so it's still kind of a Well I heard it friend of a friend whose in the know, but I can't tell you who.

Most likely it was a company [cough]Radical[/cough]or maybe even couple companies got together, they said hey Motiv is getting too big and showing up on TV to much and that should be us. lets take them down a notch.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 03-18-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    http://i68.tinypic.com/14l68sh.jpg[/IMG]

In away that notice still doesn't come right out and say who actually said that. Several say that well Dilaura has friends/contacts in the companies and the USBC, so it's still kind of a Well I heard it friend of a friend whose in the know, but I can't tell you who.

Most likely it was a company [cough]Radical[/cough]or maybe even couple companies got together, they said hey Motiv is getting too big and showing up on TV to much and that should be us. lets take them down a notch.
    Only reason I think DV8/Brunswick is both Faulkner and Fach beat Ciminelli.
    Last edited by vdubtx; 03-18-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    That's awesome.

Finally...the USBC actually takes a stand on something other than screwing Glenn Allison!!!
    If anyone screwed Glenn Allison it was La Habra lanes.

Back in the 80's Orange County was known as the home of the "wall babies".

La Habra, by not following the rules for oil pattern application, took what might have been Glenn's best performance ever, and wasted it.

Or, if the lanes hadn't been walled up, his performance might not have achieved a 900 series.

Bottom line is, we'll never know for sure.

It's the same way now. If a bowler has good night, was it a good performance, or just the lane pattern helping out?

The difference is, as long as USBC got paid, they recognize the score.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    My balls from Storm are manufactured in Taiwan.

Ebonite balls come from Kentucky, and we'd rather not be reminded that Kentucky is part of the US.

Banned

There is a gross weight limit of 16lbs, but manufactures ship balls exceeding 16 lbs frequently.

There is a 3 oz limit of top weight, but again manufactures ship balls exceeding 3 oz top weight frequently.

It's up to the pro shop to drill the ball in such a way that the ball doesn't exceed these limits after drilling.

It seems odd that a Differential limit would be placed on the manufacturer, but can be exceeded by the pro shop.

Has USBC researched wether anything above 0.060 differential at the time of manufacturing gives the bowler an unfair scoring advantage?

Are we back to USBC just making up rules like the No-Thumb issue.

Chats: 204

Listen, I have NO beef with Motiv. It may pain me (and Scotty) to say this, but I actually have great respect for Motiv for the exact reason that Scotty mentioned....they took a factory and workforce Brunswick abandoned and made it a success story.

And I think the USBC...although it shouldn't take random people sending balls in with notes...did exactly what they should have and exactly what they HAD to do. In a way, their hands were tied. If they got that box of balls...and ignored it...then it would have been a real big deal. It's one thing to be lacking in rule enforcement...it's another thing to simply allow widespread, known violations.

Where I'm unhappy....is:
    1) I was getting annoyed with "Motivators" because they were trying extra had to make it seem like Motiv was doing something special...that their products were in some way better than other companies. And there was no evidence to support that. Motiv simply did a much better job of grabbing up talent than the other companies (except Storm who hires everyone...and Brunswick who has the Hall of Famers locked up).

2) I'm upset with the media that this story...all be it about something rather small in terms of differential...is very significant historically....the first time the USBC has really done something like this. Yet God forbid ESPN...who aires bowling...should mention it or a major newspaper run a story on the back page of the sports section.

3) The PBA...is either investigating...or should disband. To have the last two majors won by bowlers throwing illegal equipment...and to just have the PBA sit back and act like Officer Barbrady from South Park....is a joke.

They may not WANT this...but this is free publicity and a chance for the PBA to reassure people that there is some level credibility in the professional game...and thus far the PBA has dropped, kicked, and fumbled the ball by sitting back and hoping it'll just go away. It's no wonder bowling has lost interest....even the PBA has lost interest in itself.

Again, nothing against Motiv...I feel bad that they were the scapegoat...but it was their own fault for not doing proper research and proper quality control. And I don't think differential is the biggest deal and why Fach and Falkner won. But this is the biggest story in bowling since Belmo won the 3 majors a couple years ago...or PDW's weird Howard Dean moment...or Daugherty's 100-game...and nobody is talking about it. WE are...but we don't matter.

I e-mailed the PBA...and I'm going to continue to e-mail and annoy them until somebody in that joke of an organization actually says SOMETHING. And I gotta think...I'm not the only one. I gotta think that the other ball manufacturers...are not very happy that Fach and Falkner won using illegal equipment. To think that Radical did this just to "stick it to Motiv" is short-sighted. If it was Radical....or any other company...they DID this because a competitor is cheating...and either the rules need to get changed...or something had to be done about it.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast