Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTIV starts Jackal Replacement program

Chats: 256

Default MOTIV starts Jackal Replacement program

Update from Motiv on how replacement balls will be handled posted on 11th frame.

Not sure if all have access to it, but here is link to PDF that was sent to proshops.

Hosted on 11thframe.com LINK

Hosted on public folder on my Dropbox LINK
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

A new limited edition heavy oil ball or a ball from the current line.

That's was cagey, I bet they think most will want to wait for the LE ball.

And wow the PSO gets 1 new ball for each 8 they drill wooooooo.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    And wow the PSO gets 1 new ball for each 8 they drill wooooooo.
    But, they get a slug and 2 inserts per ball. So, that should help offset the cost of the drilling right? LOL!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

so I'm guessing 8 weeks at least to get something

most likely after winter leagues end

now do I gamble and wait for the LE ball

ugggg F you Motiv
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Wow, they're not handling this well.

A new ball. What are they calling it? The Motiv Jackal F*Up? The Motiv Oops I Did It Again?

After seeing the craziness that has transpired, I'm going to be surprised if Motiv exists in 5 years.
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Ringer
    Chats: 23

Not handling this well? They gave everyone with a Jackal the ability to pick something from their current lineup or the option to get the Limited Edition ball they are working on. It isn't like they can just poop out a new ball right away so at least they gave an option. Oh plus all the drilling and grips. I think they have done more than enough. Everyone needs to take a chill pill, especially if you have no skin in the game. If you don't like how they are handling it, I will gladly take your jackal (if you actually have one) and make good use of it.

Seriously if you have one hit me up with an offer and I will consider it. Mine will be traded in for the Limited Edition ball. I could use a few other balls in the line.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post
    Not handling this well? They gave everyone with a Jackal the ability to pick something from their current lineup or the option to get the Limited Edition ball they are working on. It isn't like they can just poop out a new ball right away so at least they gave an option. Oh plus all the drilling and grips. I think they have done more than enough. Everyone needs to take a chill pill, especially if you have no skin in the game. If you don't like how they are handling it, I will gladly take your jackal (if you actually have one) and make good use of it.

Seriously if you have one hit me up with an offer and I will consider it. Mine will be traded in for the Limited Edition ball. I could use a few other balls in the line.
    Are you willing to give them a new ball in return?

Ringer
    Chats: 23

I am willing to buy it, so that I can get the new ball in return. For a fair price.

If people want to complain about it I would buy it off of them and then they don't have to worry about the trade in.
    Equipment:
    Motiv: Forza, Forza Redine, Venom Shock, Tag
    Storm: Sky Rocket
    Track 100P Spare Ball

To be drilled: Motiv Jackal

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by scottymoney View Post

From a corporate crisis standpoint, they've handled this poorly.

- Despite advance notice, they had nothing setup to get the return program up and going.

- No statement has been made about how the error occurred, and their pros have largely stayed silent.

- Despite initial pleasantries, they indicated they'd try to get the USBC to retroactively add the balls to the approved list instead of biting the bullet and get going.

- Once said exchange program was up and running, limitations were placed on what types of balls can be had and where those balls are shipped.

- No compensation to ball owners for drilling, only a trivial amount given to pro shops.

- A new, limited edition Jackal F*up is just a stupid idea and will be the butt of jokes for years.

I could go on....but from someone who studied and went through such events in a professional setting....I'm surprised they're not doing better at this, and in my opinion, their actions since the initial event has put an existential threat on the company.
    Last edited by jab5325; 03-30-2016 at 10:35 AM.
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by jab5325 View Post
    From a corporate crisis standpoint, they've handled this poorly.

- Despite advance notice, they had nothing setup to get the return program up and going.

- No statement has been made about how the error occurred, and their pros have largely stayed silent.

- Despite initial pleasantries, they indicated they'd try to get the USBC to retroactively add the balls to the approved list instead of biting the bullet and get going.
    I think their hope was that the USBC would back down. When that didn't happen, they hoped that with a little push back and reaching out to the PBA...maybe they could force the USBC to back down. That didn't work either.

The USBC is in the right, they know that, and they are far more powerful than the PBA or Motiv combined. The PBA owns the league, but the USBC owns the sport. So, when they (Motiv) started to see their own loyal fans starting to grumble about being dis-satisfied...they had to bite the bullet.

From a conspiracy standpoint....I think they probably also wanted to bury this before more "interesting" questions started to surface by the "non-Aslans" of the World regarding what they knew, what they didn't know, when they knew, and whether they knew prior to their sponsored athletes winning titles. They certainly knew prior to Gary Falkner's trip to the White House. I think the Wilburs got nervous that this huge embarrassment and massive hit to their bank account....could become a bigger embarrassment and ultimately destroy their company...so they're going to do what they can to quietly start fixing the issue and hope that stops the questions.

But jab hit the nail on the head....we're still waiting to know "exactly" what led to the balls being out of spec....what they are doing to fix that...and when they knew. And I have a feeling...despite this ball return stuff...those questions will have to be answered in time. And I have a feeling, the non-Amyers and non-Motiv lovers...are going to be very upset about those answers.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast