Thread: New to the boards, long time bowler.

Chats: 0

Default New to the boards, long time bowler.

I say long time but it's not nearly as long as some of you have been bowling. I am 22 years old, have been bowling since I was 6 years old, and competively since age 14. I am from Fort Worth Texas, bowl in 3 leagues, plus 1 city, state, national tournament per year, as well as whatever sweepers and other events I can get into. I currently have a 3 ball rotation of the hy road pearl, the global 900 bounty hunter (both 15 lbs) and a original blue hammer (16lbs). I joined this site because the bowling sub on Reddit simply doesn't have enough activity. I like to help out when I can but mostly listen and learn. There is a lot of discussion about a multitude of bowling and non bowling topics here, so I am definitely excited to join an awesome and helpful community and hopefully the advice I have to offer can be of some use as well. Cheers, folks! Thanks for having me

Chats: 32

Welcome hope you enjoy the forum
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Cranker

Welcome to the board. You've been bowling a long time for your age. Any thoughts of competing on the PBA?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Welcome to the board. You've been bowling a long time for your age. Any thoughts of competing on the PBA?
    Yes, actually, I have. And I have spoken with another guy I bowl with who also has thought about doing it. He is a couple years younger than me, but in the same boat in terms of experience. We have both been bowling for about 15 years already, and even though I'm not great (right now I'm at about a 196 global average), I feel like if I put more time and effort into practice and learning the game and truly making strides to be that type of bowler, it would be the time of my life to make that attempt to be a part of the PBA.

it may be in the cards in the future to really get to that point, and I'm really thinking about going for it. My friend told me you just need to average a 200 and you can enter qualifying tournaments, so we were thinking of looking up some info and going to a regional tournament or something. Right now I'm just enjoying the league nights and traveling to tournaments with my family, but any time now that itch to move further in the game of bowling will probably need to be scratched.

Off topic I suppose, but would anyone know why I can't view the full site? I am
    on mobile because of work but I can't view the full site, change my profile, view my user cp...the only things I can do is browse and post content. I am oddly familiar with v bulletin, and though I hate to see it any time it's used on a forum, I haven't seen this issue in a long time. Just curious if it's messed up or if there's a trick to getting it working. I'd like to customize my profile!

Quote Originally Posted by NotesOfC View Post
    Off topic I suppose, but would anyone know why I can't view the full site? I am
    on mobile because of work but I can't view the full site, change my profile, view my user cp...the only things I can do is browse and post content. I am oddly familiar with v bulletin, and though I hate to see it any time it's used on a forum, I haven't seen this issue in a long time. Just curious if it's messed up or if there's a trick to getting it working. I'd like to customize my profile!
    I use this link to view the full site when I am on my Kindle fire...

http://www.bowlingboards.com/forum.php?styleid=20
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    Roto Grip Critical ball give away winner (04JAN16-10JAN16)

Quote Originally Posted by shadd View Post
    I use this link to view the full site when I am on my Kindle fire...

http://www.bowlingboards.com/forum.php?styleid=20

Thank you!
    I clicked on that, and it worked, I see the full site like I was wanting to, yet when I click full site from the bottom on the mobile site, I get an error...what's the difference in your link?