Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: League Teammate Horror Stories

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

We have a guy on our team that has bowled 12 of the 29 weeks so far. He does pay, though, which seems a little silly. However, you, my friend, are bowling in Hell......
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Nothing too bad, we were all friends but we did have someone in a league where minimum average is 140 bowl 6 games in a row under 100. He just never learned how to bowl properly, then thought too much, and got worse and worse. He's not in the league this year...

Wow...and I thought I'd had some bad experiences !!
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I figured this might be an interesting topic...because I gotta think that almost every bowler that has ever bowled league has at least one story.

Presently, I have a dilemma. I joined a league...first league in this house...and I just got assigned a team. It was an older lady (about 50ish) and a younger gal (26-28). We had a vacant spot.

Week 2, the vacant spot got filled by the younger teammates love intersest. That lasted 2-3 weeks, they broke up. Then, her 2nd love interest joined. That lasted one week and then he went to jail on a meth distribution warrant. Then she brought a "friend" and he joined the team. He's a strange dude...I guess he has mental issues...and apparently they had dated in the past but are "just friends".

Well, long story short...he wanted to be "more than friends" and she did not. She kinda just used him and treated him badly...one story in particular he and her went out for her birthday and she met two other guys and they all went to a strip club...but he (our teammate) didn't have money to get in...so he waited for 3.5 hours in the parking lot. She claims he's a stalker...he claims she is manipulating him. Two weeks ago, he showed up with a friend and a girl...and our female teammate started crying and claimed the girl that was with him had drugged her and raped her a few weeks before. The male teammate claims that never happened and she (our female teammate) was making that up and actually didn't want the girl there because she owed that girl like $300 and didn't want to pay her. Then this past week, the girl shows up with a new boyfriend...she's hanging all over him...the younger guy teammate is pissed and obsessing about it...now he wants to quit the team.

To make matters worse, drama aside, the younger female teammate is a NIGHTMARE....and everyone in the league knows it. She's been kicked off of two teams because she shows up late almost every week...can't hold down a job for more than a month so is always having payment issues...and she's usually in the bar or smoking when it's her turn to bowl. Not to mention, she averages 92.

I hate to bail on this team with 8 weeks left...but if I wanted drama and the like....I'd have stayed married. I think there's a team of old women that don't have an anchor....maybe it's time to cut my losses and talk to the league secretary...ask to go from the 3rd to last place team...to the last place team. But, with only 8 weeks left till sweeps....I dunno.
    sounds like a Law and Order SVU episode I seen

Cranker

My first real league in 25+ years will be an afternoon senior league. i was pressured last week to be team mates with 2 women and an former pro. So this week none of them showed up' true the league doesn't start until September but this being my first real league I want people that will show. I have no clue why but like 5 people asked me if I had a team and I said yes I already do. So now what? I guess wait until next week and tell them I am serious if your not I'll find others. I've never been one to be blunt but I'm too old for garbage. bowling was my life way back when and I'm serious about it now. I should add we only bowl in a practice league now, so a no show isn't important yet
    Last edited by LOUVIT; 06-15-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I figured this might be an interesting topic...because I gotta think that almost every bowler that has ever bowled league has at least one story.
    I guess I've been lucky because my "Horror Story" wasn't very bad, and had a happy ending.

In a scratch leagues that paid significant money, one of the team members lost his job and had to quit.

We replaced him rather quickly, but the replacement turned out to be a major flake.

So, I decided to pay for that spot and had someone who was a regular in the league that bowled just before us act as a permanent substitute.

When our team ended up winning the league, each person won enough to much more than pay for the cost of bowling.

My investment in the extra spot ended up being a profitable decision, even after I paid the replacement enough to cover his earlier leagues cost.

Bowler

Hello LOUVIT, You said the league starts in Sept . What was today ? Practice ?

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmore View Post
    Hello LOUVIT, You said the league starts in Sept . What was today ? Practice ?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT
    I should add we only bowl in a practice league now, so a no show isn't important yet
    Yes I'd have to say it is practice.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 1

I have always bowled with my close friends so no horror story here. But my friends bowled a summer league with a guy that got kicked out of the bowling center for life after he stalked and put unwanted hands on some one that worked at the lanes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12