Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Contest Mar 28, 2016 to Apr 3, 2016 - Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by wannabepro View Post
    Ok thank you! Sorry i'm new to this website.
    No reason to be sorry.

The best way to learn is to ask.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

How many nights a week do you bowl?

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by wannabepro View Post
    How many nights a week do you bowl?
    Personally, I bowl 0 nights a week.

But I do bowl 2 days.

I bowl in 2 noon time OFLs.... (Old Folks League)

At this point, bowling isn't about competing, it's about getting exercise.

With modern balls, and oil patterns, leagues have disconnected scores from skills.

3 seasons ago I drilled a ball for a guy who had only been bowling in non-sanctioned leagues averaging about 170's using an original LT-48 ball, if he shot 600 one night it was huge.

With the new ball, (Hammer Deadly Aim) he joined a sanctioned leave and averaged 190.

The next season we bowled together in a Vegas league.

One night he practiced a game before the league started, and when he came over to bowl in league, he said his "new" ball wouldn't hook on the practice lane.

We start league warmups, and again he says his ball won't hook.

I get him to move his feet over a few boards to the right, and he shot a 780 series.

He averaged 200 that season.

The next season I didn't bowl in that Vegas league, and he was back down to 190.

Thats what I mean by a disconnect between scores and skill.

Blog Entries

I agree. I wish I could have grown up in the glory days of bowling when accuracy made you a king. However, I still believe that it takes a lot of skill just less of it. People with modern equipment can get a way with anything. Someone I bowled against last night through a 300 game and through almost every shot light until the 10th and 11th shot where he threw it through the nose but still carried and then threw a perfect shot. I would argue too that in my local ally with the exception of this game I just mentioned it is so bad here it requires pretty much all knowledge and some skill with a lot of luck. Also I seem to be on both sides of the fence which is because I am; however, the ball can only do so much but it still is ultimately you to fight through the pressure(tournaments or league finals even) to put that ball where it needs to go and read the lanes correctly. Anybody can have a hot night but it is when you can do it every night or at least constantly then that separates the good, the bad, and the great.

Wannabepro, go get the Brunswick Gold Rhino Pro. Great ball. I love mine. Lots of length with a great move in the backend. I love mine.

Blog Entries

I don't have any money for a new ball. I can barely afford league. I'm just getting by with nothing to spare. Times are tough.

Default Danger zone contest

What I wouldn't do to win this ball. I absolutely loved this ball when I was younger. Winning this ball would bring back a ton of memories lol

Great looking ball, I had a chance to throw one, rolls just like I remember the original did. I definitely need to win so I can add it to my arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by JJbech81 View Post
    What I wouldn't do to win this ball. I absolutely loved this ball when I was younger. Winning this ball would bring back a ton of memories lol
    Hopefully not bad memories of low scoring games but many great trophies earned and team wins bowled in smoky, beer stained rugs, with lots of old big block engines and choppers in the parking lots with great songs playing.
    In the bag – DV8 Pitbull, DV8 Vandal Smash, DV8 Creed(16#), Path spare
    High Game – 276, SUN-184,TUES-193,WED-196,FRI-190
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forum! I am proud to bowl with One Hand!

Blog Entries

I also had one when I was young but I never got the chance to throw one now. I watched reviews on it and it looks vicious.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast