Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally bowled well in league

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    I'm sure a 1/3 HP motor is good enough, but if I can get a 1/2 HP for the same price, I'm going with it. I just have too many balls and too much money invested to not take care of the surface of said equipment. Add some $$ for pads and polishes, and it's all good.
    The 1/2 hp model is $25.00 more than the 1/3 hp model so I guess it is worth it
    and if you opt for the 1/2 hp Ball Spinner with Starter Kit for an extra $20.00 more
    than the spinner alone you will get the starter kit which consists of this

Surface Starter Kit
    (6) Wet/Dry Sandpaper, packages of 5 pieces each in the following grits: 320, 400, 600, 800, 1000, & 1200
    (2) Scotch Brite Hand Pads - Gray and Maroon
    (1) 8 oz. Vise Compound
    (1) 8 oz. Vise Polish
    (1) 8 oz. Vise Slip Agent
    (1) 8 oz. Vise Ball Cleaner
    (1) Towel

The 8oz bottles are pretty good in size and I'm still using the ones I got from 2014 when I bought
    my spinner even after all the bowling balls that I've worked on.
    One thing I would suggest getting along with the spinner is what they call the Flower Pot Splash Guard
    unless you don't care about all the splash getting all over you and the walls when sanding a ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 0

I should have clarified that the Vertex 1/2 HP spinner is the same price as other companies 1/3 HP spinners. The bowl isn't steel like some spinners but all the reviews I've heard have been good

Chats: 0

I'm hoping I get enough money to get the spinner, pads from 380 to 4000 grit, and a couple different polishes. All my equipment needs resurfaced and it would cost the same to do it all at the pro shop as it would to buy the equipment.

Just got the 1/2 HP Vertex last week with the starter kit plus some other pads that dont come with the kit. Love it so far and will definitely same some money from having to go to the pro shop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123