Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally bowled well in league

Chats: 0

Default Finally bowled well in league

After 7 weeks of mediocre bowling, I threw three 200+ games. I even had the front 7 in game one before tugging one thru the nose. Only shot 657 but that's over my 204 average so I'm happy. Strange night for weather as the humidity kept climbing and by game three I had to make a ball change to have a thumbhole I could get out of. People were sticking to the approach, sweating, and complaining of the sauna.
    I pounded the pocket tonite. In another house I would have shot 700+ easy. This place is stingy with those scores. I missed the pocket twice, getting splits twice. Plus a pocket 7-10, but that's normal for me to leave one a night. We have three more weeks, then tournament night.

Sounds like uncomfortable conditions.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

It was sticky. I hated to change balls but they were the same model, just drilled differently. After a minor adjustment I salvaged the third game. Just hope I can finish the season strong. Would like to get another 300 in that league.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Wood lanes?
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Original wood lanes and approaches from 1962.

Glad I got one good series in. Absolutely pounded the pocket tonite. Missed the pocket once in games one and three. Flushed every shot in game two. 594 series. Ringing 10's, flat 10's, solid 7's. No one in the league shot over 700 tonite. Brutal conditions.

One open in games one and three on splits. Clean game two. Made my spares. Had a run of 6 straight 10 pins in game three. Used three different balls and made subtle moves. Tough house. Wasn't a single messenger from either team. Pins were D. O. A. all night.

Ringer

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    One open in games one and three on splits. Clean game two. Made my spares. Had a run of 6 straight 10 pins in game three. Used three different balls and made subtle moves. Tough house. Wasn't a single messenger from either team. Pins were D. O. A. all night.
    This sounds like a carbon copy of my Wednesday night this week.

I shot 621 with a high of 230--not bad, but a break here or there would've met 650+.
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

I don't know if it was the cold weather or a change in the pattern. The last two months the lanes were drier than a popcorn fart. I even had another shiny ball punched up to just combat the lanes. I started with that ball but after one split and 5 ten pins, I switched balls to one that flips, and did a bit better carrying the corner pins but not much better.
    Game three I went with shiny and pin down to get the ball to react early then hold after the pattern started breaking down. Another long string of ten pins. I was happy with the way I was throwing the ball. My follow through is getting stronger and I'm posting my shot again. But getting carry there is so tough.

Tonite was our last night that counts. Next week is blind-doubles and championship roll-offs. I pounded the pocket harder than last week and have nothing to show for it. I had two opens on splits the first game, including the pocket 7-10 in the tenth. Clean game the 2nd game and only shoot 208 with nothing lower than a 9 count. One double and 6 ten pins. Clean in game three until the 9th with a split, struck out the tenth to shoot 599 for series.
    I missed the pocket 5 times all night and three were for splits. Game two was a no-tap 300. I had the second highest series on our pair. Tops was 624. Place has been really tough the last two weeks. I've thrown almost every ball I own and just can't carry the 10 pin. BUT! I picked up every single one. I made all my spares tonite. 594 last week, 599 this week and I'm in the pocket consistently. I'll get em next year I guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast