Thread: rolltech

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Default rolltech

Does anyone here use it in going to try it out Monday see if I can double up

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Sche3067 View Post
    Does anyone here use it in going to try it out Monday see if I can double up
    Personal opinion, the amount of overhead taken out of the prize fund is too large,

When you have to win almost 60% of the time head up against your peers, just to break even, you're not the one who is going to be making money on this deal.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

keep in mind you have to cover the $5 per month fee

I've been on Rolltech since November, use it for spare tracking, over 300 challenges, 25+ action events, 12 brackets

I've won enough to keep my interest, overall I'm down $30 (monthly and entry fees included)

my issues is how clunky the app is and the lack of social interaction
    there needs to be some way to gather/discuss/group up/talk smack/etc...
    otherwise its like playing the solo missions in a video game

last night, i didn't turn the app on at all and to be honest I didn't miss it at all
    was nice to just bowl and have fun
    I'll most likely keep using it, but I'm not going to use it every league anymore

overall if I had to grade them I'd give them a B-
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Chats: 204

No interest.

1) It's a scam...just like Fantasy Sports sites. There's no accountability, no way to actually verify anything...way too ripe for abuse.
    2) Even if the company is "legit"...the competitors could falsify their scores easily.

We ran into this same issue back when I started the "Virtual Bowling Tour". Nobody wanted to bowl anywhere outside their usual stomping grounds....and many, when they did, scored horribly. And while I think our little group was somewhat trustworthy...I can't imagine out of even 10 bowlers you can find 10 that won't cheat...not with money on the line.

Every Saturday I practice in a tournament (only time I can get fresh conditions)....and every Saturday they try to get me in the sidepot. And every Saturday I decline. Because it's a scam. Those guys have bowled in that house for 35 years...they know that between the 3 of them...at least one is going to win. And since it's scratch...no limitations...we have had a regional PBA pro show up a couple weeks in a row...there's no point to it.

It's an interesting concept (that I invented with the VBT before RollTech came out)...but it's hard enough keeping people honest in tournaments that are in person...keeping them honest in the "virtual world" is a pipe dream.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

sounds like sour grapes Aslan
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

I appreciate the posts I'll see how it goes. I always try to test the waters

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    sounds like sour grapes Aslan
    Yeah....because I have vested interest in a competing App that nobody knows about nor cares about...or not. But, if ya wanna waste $5/month and NOT waste it on roll tech...send it to me and I'll mail you some thing....that I have in my apartment.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Yeah....because I have vested interest in a competing App that nobody knows about nor cares about...or not. But, if ya wanna waste $5/month and NOT waste it on roll tech...send it to me and I'll mail you some thing....that I have in my apartment.
    I would be very leery of anything Aslan has sitting around in his apartment.

Especially if it comes in a box, with a guarantee on it.