Thread: League secretaries

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default League secretaries

Hey league secretaries have you noticed that the bowl.com site has taken the state off the find a member section? So I you are looking for John Smith good luck. Also have you noticed that there are many bowlers who have asked to have their name taken off the list. That really helps us find new bowler averages. No reason necessary just ask. Not even their Certification number works.

The more USBC does to the site the worse it gets. Now all they are interested in is Team USA, the women's PBA and regular tour. League bowling only has one job, pay for everything. You send them an email and you get an instant reply. It say we will get back to you in 1 to 3 days.

WE NEED A NEW LEAGUE BOWLING GOVERNING BOARD.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Hey league secretaries have you noticed that the bowl.com site has taken the state off the find a member section? So I you are looking for John Smith good luck. Also have you noticed that there are many bowlers who have asked to have their name taken off the list. That really helps us find new bowler averages. No reason necessary just ask. Not even their Certification number works.

The more USBC does to the site the worse it gets. Now all they are interested in is Team USA, the women's PBA and regular tour. League bowling only has one job, pay for everything. You send them an email and you get an instant reply. It say we will get back to you in 1 to 3 days.

WE NEED A NEW LEAGUE BOWLING GOVERNING BOARD.
    Are you talking about here:
    http://membership.bowl.com/USBCsearch/SearchMembers.jsp

It has a place for
    By Name
    By Member ID
    Additional Search Options:

Zip Code
    Association Number
    State

or this one (the new one):

http://webservices.bowl.com/USBCFindA/Home/Member

It has a place for
    By Name
    By Member ID
    Additional Search Filters:

Zip Code
    Association Number
    State
    Last edited by bowl1820; 04-01-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher

I was on there a couple of hrs ago and it looked different? It was the webservices part. My mistake. What about the other stuff?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

I was on there a couple of hrs ago and it looked different? It was the webservices part. My mistake. What about the other stuff?
    possibly your browser cache just needed to be reloaded, so the full page would load.

Any emails I've sent to the rule dept. got replied to in a timely manner, unless I sent it on the weekend.
    As for the rest IDK

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Pin Crusher

Believe me I am on a roll. I got an answer right after my post. I wanted to look up the 85 yr. old who bowled an 800 series. He had 3 averages last season a 222, 212 and another 212. AT 85? Impressive. Or stupid easy?

Pin Crusher

Maybe he had one of those illegal balls.

Why are there people who are allowed to have their names and averages hidden?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Maybe he had one of those illegal balls.

Why are there people who are allowed to have their names and averages hidden?
    It's part of the privacy policy for the site, anyone can have it done. But those with the right access (Assoc. officials etc.) can still see the needed info.

Pin Crusher

Don't like it. Makes my job as a sec. really difficult. Our rules state that new bowlers entering avg. is the highest 21 game avg. in the last 3 years. I get maybe 20 to 25 new bowlers each season. Many claim they haven't bowled in years. Once you check the say OH I forgot that league. Now every time I can't find a person I have to call the local USBC. Throw in the bowler using Bill in one league William in another. Oh and some write like 2nd graders.
    Letting them have their name removed with out a very good reason seems odd. What are they trying to hide? Witness protection? BS

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

There's no personal information there so having your name hidden seems odd.

I do wonder though how many other "user error" issues the USBC gets the blame for. Would explain why they provide more than most bowlers or league officers even know about.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com