Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Contest Apr 4, 2016 to Apr 10, 2016 - Storm Phaze

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

If you win the ball drawing, do you get to pick the weight of it?!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenwave77 View Post
    yes, I think they make 12 through 16 lb with this ball

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by wannabepro View Post
    I had a thousand word essay typed(I counted) but I decided to just sum it up with this. I have seen the difference and I know and understand the difference. I'm not on contract or anything but i'm good enough to know better. Anybody with a 180 and above can tell at least in my place what a difference it makes. I'm sorry if I seem cocky or rude that is not my intention at all because i'm not like that it is just text so it is hard to tell without context clues. Anyway, there is basic proof on why a high end ball can carry when low tier equipment won't under the worst circumstances. I used the money to put towards life things like i'm sure you understand. It's really hard because i'm just venturing out into the world on my own. I'm sure you get it. The last two bowling balls I got were a gift from USBC from 2013 with their 60$ certificate which I got a Ebonite Hook. I got a used ball as a gift from my folks which costs 40$ which was a Brunswick Mastermind Genius(I owe everything to this ball). Which was 2 years ago now and I never had the money to get it re-drilled. Also I don't think it should be banned but when they go to a rinky dink bowling ally it is unfair because who do they think there bowling against?
    I understand your feelings I really do. Growing up a new ball was about $140 drilled I mowed grass and did yard work to make enough money to have what I wanted. I also gave this sport up for 20 years because I wasn't in a financial position to participate. Providing for yourself has to take precedent over a hobby and I can see some frustration on your part when your doing all you can do but I will say I've bowled with and currently bowl against staffers from various companies, Senior PBA players, and WPBA players on leagues on a regular basis. A couple of them have been hacks but most of them have been amazingly talented bowlers who have shared their knowledge and have allowed me to test out their equipment with nothing but a smile on their face.

It saddens me to hear from some of those bowlers about the reactions they get when trying to bowl in a local league or tournament and I see some of the things posted on facebook about those type of bowlers participating in an event. Very few bowlers participate because they think they are going to make money at it and those that do learn the lesson quickly that they will not. They participate because they love the game just as you do. Maybe the ones you have bowled against have been different than the ones I have but maybe it's your attitude towards it that is coloring your perception of it too. Your name is Wannabepro this isn't a pro attitude thinking others have an advantage over you due to equipment or rev rates. I can tell you those staff contracts and pro contracts aren't easy to get. Those bowlers have put in a lot of work to get to where they are at. If your rev rate is an issue put the work in to change it, if your equipment is an issue see if you can do some part time work in a local proshop working for equipment (I know guys who do that here), most of all try approaching those bowlers with an open mind and see if you don't learn something from them you may just find that your attitude towards them changes. Best of luck regardless to you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

one thing to note about "Staffers" (the guys with the "contract") too is that, the majority don't get free balls. While they might get a discount, they got to pay for them too.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by goldenwave77 View Post
    Yes, choose wisely and good luck goldenwave77
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

I would love to have one of these. Cool colors, tacky cover and should hit like a tank.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I understand your feelings I really do. Growing up a new ball was about $140 drilled I mowed grass and did yard work to make enough money to have what I wanted. I also gave this sport up for 20 years because I wasn't in a financial position to participate. Providing for yourself has to take precedent over a hobby and I can see some frustration on your part when your doing all you can do but I will say I've bowled with and currently bowl against staffers from various companies, Senior PBA players, and WPBA players on leagues on a regular basis. A couple of them have been hacks but most of them have been amazingly talented bowlers who have shared their knowledge and have allowed me to test out their equipment with nothing but a smile on their face.

It saddens me to hear from some of those bowlers about the reactions they get when trying to bowl in a local league or tournament and I see some of the things posted on facebook about those type of bowlers participating in an event. Very few bowlers participate because they think they are going to make money at it and those that do learn the lesson quickly that they will not. They participate because they love the game just as you do. Maybe the ones you have bowled against have been different than the ones I have but maybe it's your attitude towards it that is coloring your perception of it too. Your name is Wannabepro this isn't a pro attitude thinking others have an advantage over you due to equipment or rev rates. I can tell you those staff contracts and pro contracts aren't easy to get. Those bowlers have put in a lot of work to get to where they are at. If your rev rate is an issue put the work in to change it, if your equipment is an issue see if you can do some part time work in a local proshop working for equipment (I know guys who do that here), most of all try approaching those bowlers with an open mind and see if you don't learn something from them you may just find that your attitude towards them changes. Best of luck regardless to you.
    I know what your thinking but my game is spot on. I have never had a problem running tournaments or anything. Sure they put in work but they also get a chance that people like me just simply won't have. Without an organized league like the NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL, and other international leagues this will continue to die out. With people who get these advantages showing up in small towns is driving away participation. It's not some rant thing i'm getting at. I can hold my own just fine. Sure there is a PBA but it's nothing like any other sport when possibly they should work on that and actually try to grow the sport instead of keeping it where it is. Like I said though it is problems like these smi-pros and i'm not taking away there skill they are pretty good but there is also a reason we haven't seen them on T.V despite there lucky breaks for contracts. Millions of people work just as hard on there game but don't get the chance they do. Something has to be done in order to bring the sport of bowling back into the mainstream and not as a thing where you roll a ball and oh wow a strike. So my point stands it's not right for these guys to walk into a 6,12,18 lane center and drive out the locals for a 400$ tournament. I'm from Michigan which is full of this problem. Your not wrong about them not getting free bowling balls. However a huge discount is still better and more affordable then what everyone else gets. In fact there is a guy who bowls with I believe the (edited for the sake of name dropping)who bowled in this tournament three years ago named Chris. He bowls on TV in team events. He openly told me he had independent contracts with three different companies(at the time) which gave him free equipment and paid him to represent their companies. He also stated he made more money by not signing with just one company and that he did get advanced equipment and i'll stress SOMETIMES. Not to mention I met Parker Bone and he was throwing three bowling balls according to himself which were not out yet. He was open bowling but the point is the same.
    Last edited by wannabepro; 04-10-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    one thing to note about "Staffers" (the guys with the "contract") too is that, the majority don't get free balls. While they might get a discount, they got to pay for them too.
    My last comment is also towards you.

Blog Entries

If I have to say that I want the ball in order to be entered to win like i'm seeing. Then I would love to when this ball!

Storm has cranked out some great balls over the last few years. I'll take this one!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast