Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Contest Apr 4, 2016 to Apr 10, 2016 - Storm Phaze

Chats: 0

Is this the ball everyone was showing how tacky the surface is by "palming" it?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I don't know about everyone, but theres a video on facebook of Chad McLean of storm picking up a undrilled 16lb. Phaze with one hand just gripping it.

https://www.facebook.com/StormisBowl...9532780439958/

Last edited by bowl1820; 04-06-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 10

I'll take two! HOOK ME UP!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlexNC View Post
    Mr brother has one and seems to work fairly well for him. I noticed that Storm also had a ball added to the USBC approved list for a Dark Phaze -added 3/31/16- could be interesting if it comes to fruition.
    That is something I hate about bowling tournaments where people with contracts show up. I mean I won the last one I was in but even then they were throwing bowling balls that were not available to the general public. Which in my opinion should not be allowed. I'm throwing equipment that is at least 4 years old and used when I got it. So besides me, how is it fair for the millions of us that can't afford new equipment? I have seen thousands of these people throw and they hardly have any real skill. They throw high and carry because of their rev, power, and the bowling ball being high performance. If they didn't have that where would they be? Nowhere.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by wannabepro View Post
    That is something I hate about bowling tournaments where people with contracts show up. I mean I won the last one I was in but even then they were throwing bowling balls that were not available to the general public. Which in my opinion should not be allowed. I'm throwing equipment that is at least 4 years old and used when I got it. So besides me, how is it fair for the millions of us that can't afford new equipment? I have seen thousands of these people throw and they hardly have any real skill. They throw high and carry because of their rev, power, and the bowling ball being high performance. If they didn't have that where would they be? Nowhere.
    A ball has to fit your game.

The latest "greatest" thing isn't necessarily the best for you.

It's like what is the best size shoe... Is size 15 better than size 8.

It all depends on you (or your foot).

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by wannabepro View Post
    You don't win a tournament because of a new fangaled ball. If you won you won because you made better shots, adjusted better, and had equipment that matched the conditions. If you lose you lose for the same reasons.

If you really think the equipment matters how much of your winnings did you reinvest in newer equipment?

Pin Crusher

I'm going to say this says less about the surface, and more about "holy s**t, how freakin' strong are this guys hands?!"

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I don't know about everyone, but theres a video on facebook of Chad McLean of storm picking up a undrilled 16lb. Phaze with one hand just gripping it.

https://www.facebook.com/StormisBowl...9532780439958/

Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Blog Entries

I had a thousand word essay typed(I counted) but I decided to just sum it up with this. I have seen the difference and I know and understand the difference. I'm not on contract or anything but i'm good enough to know better. Anybody with a 180 and above can tell at least in my place what a difference it makes. I'm sorry if I seem cocky or rude that is not my intention at all because i'm not like that it is just text so it is hard to tell without context clues. Anyway, there is basic proof on why a high end ball can carry when low tier equipment won't under the worst circumstances. I used the money to put towards life things like i'm sure you understand. It's really hard because i'm just venturing out into the world on my own. I'm sure you get it. The last two bowling balls I got were a gift from USBC from 2013 with their 60$ certificate which I got a Ebonite Hook. I got a used ball as a gift from my folks which costs 40$ which was a Brunswick Mastermind Genius(I owe everything to this ball). Which was 2 years ago now and I never had the money to get it re-drilled. Also I don't think it should be banned but when they go to a rinky dink bowling ally it is unfair because who do they think there bowling against?
    Last edited by wannabepro; 04-07-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I'm going to say this says less about the surface, and more about "holy s**t, how freakin' strong are this guys hands?!"
    I agree. I'm Bicep strong but my grip is eh. I can palm a ball but I could never hold it for that long.

Looks like an awesome ball!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast