Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMF Get Your Gear League

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by shadd View Post
    Said no-one, ever! haha
    LOL great comment.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

It's only a good deal if you walk away with the Paradox Pearl and the Scandal. The leagues run for 16 weeks for a grand total of $352. The Scandal costs around $170 and the Paradox Pearl runs at around $165. The Grudge is around $154 and the Danger Zone is around $120. Do they offer drilling with the bowling balls as well? As far as I know, I'm doing a trio league this summer with a tournament included for the top third of the league with a prize fund of $10000. I'm interested though if your center includes drilling as an included option with those bowling balls. If so, then it would be a little better offer.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Sourtower View Post
    It's only a good deal if you walk away with the Paradox Pearl and the Scandal. The leagues run for 16 weeks for a grand total of $352. The Scandal costs around $170 and the Paradox Pearl runs at around $165. The Grudge is around $154 and the Danger Zone is around $120. Do they offer drilling with the bowling balls as well? As far as I know, I'm doing a trio league this summer with a tournament included for the top third of the league with a prize fund of $10000. I'm interested though if your center includes drilling as an included option with those bowling balls. If so, then it would be a little better offer.
    I spoke with my center about it yesterday and does not include drilling. The 2 balls I would get are the Paradox Pearl and the Scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    I spoke with my center about it yesterday and does not include drilling. The 2 balls I would get are the Paradox Pearl and the Scandal.
    Those are the same balls I will be taking.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    My center has upped the weekly cost of this league to $26 which includes drilling of both balls. Still a good deal IMO.

I would grab the Grudge & Vintage Danger Zone without any hesitation! Both are great balls!

I've worked out a deal here where I'm getting a Vintage Danger Zone and an Ultimate Nirvana.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    My center has upped the weekly cost of this league to $26 which includes drilling of both balls. Still a good deal IMO.
    I guess it depends on if you are a repeat customer of a good pro shop owner. I could get both of those bowling balls drilled, with grips and a thumb slug for far less than the $416 ($26 x 16 weeks) you'll be spending. I could probably get 3 bowling balls for that price (high end). $22/week would've been a decent deal. $26/week is way too much in my honest opinion.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Quote Originally Posted by Sourtower View Post
    I guess it depends on if you are a repeat customer of a good pro shop owner. I could get both of those bowling balls drilled, with grips and a thumb slug for far less than the $416 ($26 x 16 weeks) you'll be spending. I could probably get 3 bowling balls for that price (high end). $22/week would've been a decent deal. $26/week is way too much in my honest opinion.
    Wow don't know what state you live in but here in NY prices are high. 3 out of 4 of the offered balls sell for over $200 including drilling but not including grips/slugs in the pro shops here.

For $26x16=$416 I will get 2 top shelf balls including drilling, 48 league games on fresh oil, and 32 FREE practice games. Pretty good deal to me.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    For $26x16=$416 I will get 2 top shelf balls including drilling, 48 league games on fresh oil, and 32 FREE practice games. Pretty good deal to me.
    The same two bowling balls drilled/ finger inserts/ thumb insert is $448.00 on bowlingball.com
    so yeah it looks to be a pretty good deal considering you will be getting 2 balls 48 league
    games and the free 32 practice games.

I just wish we had a deal like that around here.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Don't forget that you also get 3 games a week and the linage is typically around $10 per week. So that is $160 of bowling plus the $350 of bowling balls.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast