Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMF Get Your Gear League

Chats: 0

I'll be doing this league in the summer. I think I'm going to go with the Scandal and the Paradox Pearl. May try to trade the PP for a Roto-Grip Hy-Wire though.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Ringer

Sounds like a really good deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    The same two bowling balls drilled/ finger inserts/ thumb insert is $448.00 on bowlingball.com
    so yeah it looks to be a pretty good deal considering you will be getting 2 balls 48 league
    games and the free 32 practice games.

I just wish we had a deal like that around here.
    Where do you live, got_a_300? Looks like all Brunswick Zones/Brunswick XL/AMFs in my area are offering this deal.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    Wow don't know what state you live in but here in NY prices are high. 3 out of 4 of the offered balls sell for over $200 including drilling but not including grips/slugs in the pro shops here.

For $26x16=$416 I will get 2 top shelf balls including drilling, 48 league games on fresh oil, and 32 FREE practice games. Pretty good deal to me.
    I live in IL. The pro shop I go to is great. The PSO has 3 shops, soon to be 2 since the other one is more of a satellite store. The guy operates his pro shops as more of a hobby, but he's been around for 10+ years and has been bowling for 4 times that number. He's in the USBC Hall of Fame in the county I bowl in, and always offers free lessons to all his customers. All his prices listed include grips and a thumb slug if you want it, and does the best work I've seen so far. I know because I've been to 2-3 other shops in the area, and the other bowlers in the leagues I bowl at have been to 5-6 others in the area. The PSO ALWAYS has the best prices around, normally $20-$30 less than the competition. He does such a good job that I've even seen people who move out of state pay for him to drill up new equipment once a year and either pick it up or have it shipped to them. Top notch guy. Really cares about his customers for sure.
    Bowling balls in the bag: Track Paradox, Hammer Deadly Aim, Hammer Black Widow Legend, Hammer Black Widow Assassin, Hammer Viral, Columbia 300 White Dot

Quote Originally Posted by SAbowler View Post
    I'll be doing this league in the summer. I think I'm going to go with the Scandal and the Paradox Pearl. May try to trade the PP for a Roto-Grip Hy-Wire though.
    I'm going to take the same 2 balls but I'm gonna try and trade either for a Snap Lock.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Only one around me out of the 3 AMF lanes is 35 miles and a night I can't bowl 😡

Well, I started this league with my girlfriend last night. They said they had a lot of interest in the league and we were excited. I am excited about getting my hands on the Scandal and Grudge, but the league only had 6 people???? So its going to be a practice league for us and new lanes conditions, light oil and short pattern, hooks alot.
    In the bag – DV8 Pitbull, DV8 Vandal Smash, DV8 Creed(16#), Path spare
    High Game – 276, SUN-184,TUES-193,WED-196,FRI-190
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forum! I am proud to bowl with One Hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Well, I started this league with my girlfriend last night. They said they had a lot of interest in the league and we were excited. I am excited about getting my hands on the Scandal and Grudge, but the league only had 6 people???? So its going to be a practice league for us and new lanes conditions, light oil and short pattern, hooks alot.
    If it wasn't for the light oil, I'd say this was a Sport league.

And YES, that Grudge can go gutter to gutter on short patterns. It is a very hook heavy ball.

While I like the Grudge, just be happy you aren't using it on these short patterns! lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Damn that sucks. My house is running this league on 2 nights one night is on a THS and the other night is on the USBC open pattern. Combined there are 19 teams competing so decent turn out.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

We finally started the league this past Monday. Bad part about that is, since the summer leagues start in September, and the 4th of July and Labor day are both on Mondays, everyone has to fit in 4 weeks of pre-bowling between now and September 12th. UGH!!!
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast