Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMF Get Your Gear League

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    The Grudge is actually too much ball for a THS, mostly because it has a ton of hook to it.
    I just picked up a Grudge recently and mostly been throwing it on sport shots but I've throw it on THS too. I increase my speed and it absolutely crushes the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    Also one is asymmetrical and the other is symmetrical, one is polished and the other isn't so it's a good combination. I thought more people would pick the Grudge though.
    Very true!
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    I just picked up a Grudge recently and mostly been throwing it on sport shots but I've throw it on THS too. I increase my speed and it absolutely crushes the pocket.
    I could probably get my speed up as well, but it would be limited for me. My shoulder issues prevent me from doing a lot of things I'd like to, and doing too much with a ball is one of those things. Otherwise, I would probably get a Grudge as well.

But, since I now have a choice between the Grudge and Ultimate Nirvana, I'm going with the Ultimate Nirvana.

I hope all stays well with that Grudge!
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Paid off this league as of last week. Going into the Pro Shop today to drop off my thumb slugs, grips, and my spec sheet so they can drill up my Paradox Pearl and Scandal. Looking forward to trying them out but honestly I can't imagine liking either more than my Phaze.
    Last edited by ep1977; 08-12-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Yep, got my Scandal and Paradox Pearl and immediately traded in my Paradox Pearl for Snap Lock. Just for variety and also the fact that my wife and other teammate also have the Paradox Pearl so wanted a change. Will save drilling the Scandal for later

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Yep, got my Scandal and Paradox Pearl and immediately traded in my Paradox Pearl for Snap Lock. Just for variety and also the fact that my wife and other teammate also have the Paradox Pearl so wanted a change. Will save drilling the Scandal for later
    I wanted to trade in either ball for a Snap Lock but my PSO or the PSO that is drilling the balls wouldn't take either for trades. My PSO only sells Roto Grip and Storm ball so he didn't want the Paradox or Scandal. The PSO who is drilling the balls carries all brands but said he has had way to many requests to trade in the balls from this league and everyone wants Storm or Roto Grip balls. He doesn't want to have a bunch of Track and Hammer balls that aren't going to sell sitting around his shop.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

I wanted to trade in either ball for a Snap Lock but my PSO or the PSO that is drilling the balls wouldn't take either for trades. My PSO only sells Roto Grip and Storm ball so he didn't want the Paradox or Scandal. The PSO who is drilling the balls carries all brands but said he has had way to many requests to trade in the balls from this league and everyone wants Storm or Roto Grip balls. He doesn't want to have a bunch of Track and Hammer balls that aren't going to sell sitting around his shop.
    I can understand that viewpoint especially if the PSO is at a center hosting the "Get Your Gear" League. Luckily my PSO is at another center and very easy to work with. He is always busy so he definitely would have no issue selling any balls. It was a straight up trade too.

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

Does not like them as it's cheaper to buy the ball and not bowl in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by 2handedsniper View Post
    Does not like them as it's cheaper to buy the ball and not bowl in the league.
    What are you trying to say?

With this league you pay $352

For that you get:

48 league games on fresh oil
    32 free practice games
    2 high performance balls

What are you trying to say?

With this league you pay $352

For that you get:

48 league games on fresh oil
    32 free practice games
    2 high performance balls
    Yep, if you were going to buy the ball anyways might as well bowl in the league.

I pay $22/week for 16 weeks to get the two balls. So my out of pocket is $352. The two balls I got are $169 each. Total is $338.

So for $14 ($352-$338) I get exactly what ep1977 posted above:
    48 league games (3/week) and 32 additional free practice games (2/week)

My league rate is $2.35/game. If I were to pay for the 48 league games my out of pocket would be $2.35 x 48 = $112.80 (we're not even talking about the 2 free games a week I get for being in a league.

And in my case I was able to switch out the balls for any other ball I wanted. Track Paradox Pearl for Snap Lock (even trade)
    Last edited by NewToBowling; 08-17-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast