Thread: New member in Raleigh NC.

Default New member in Raleigh NC.

I am an old time bowler from Ohio that is getting back into the game. Growing up I used to watch the PBA tour on TV (Dick Webber, Mark Roth, Earl Anthony, Marshall Holman). I bowled on a school league in JR. High and kept bowling off and on after that. Bowled in a "9 is fine" league in the early 2000's (bowled a 298 in it). Now living in North Carolina my youngest daughter is old enough to like bowling and here I go getting bit by the Bowling bug again! I have older Ebonite Turbo and Nitro balls and while the Nitro was a high performance ball at the time I bought it but fails in comparison to modern day coverstocks and weight blocks so I am looking for a new ball. Money is tight so I am currently leaning to a Pyramid Blueprint. I am a slower speed (14-14.5 mph) and a lower rev bowler. Looking at the description I think it will be a good fit. Any new resin coverstock ball will be light years different than my older Ebonites.

Dan Nemwan

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Welcome to the boards. Dan i would talk to a pro shop and have them watch you bowl. They should be able to help you find a ball that will work for you.

Chats: 32

Dan,

Welcome back to the game I came back in a similar fashion with my daughters after a long time away from the game too. I would second Manke's opinion talk to a good PSO before purchasing anything. Often times Pro shops charge extra fro the drilling and it's more expensive to buy the ball on line and take it in to be drilled even if the sticker price is lower. Most PSO's also won't warranty a ball bought online if it cracks during drilling. Any lower priced lower mid range ball should be fine to start and will offer more performance than your older balls.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 0

Welcome. I grew up in the Toledo OH area and also now live in the Raleigh area - do not miss the snow. The Proshop at Buffaloe Lanes North is worth checking out. South is good too, but a little pricier.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AlexNC View Post
    Welcome. I grew up in the Toledo OH area and also now live in the Raleigh area - do not miss the snow. The Proshop at Buffaloe Lanes North is worth checking out. South is good too, but a little pricier.
    I am from Toledo also (they just got 9 inches 2 days ago) ! Small world. Did a lot of bowling at Southwick lanes.....