Thread: Need Advice For College Tournament

Default Need Advice For College Tournament

I had always bowled with the crappy house balls that I could get decent revs on with using 2 fingers only, I have averaged around 165 with a high of 230. I recently bought a Storm Rocket ball, along with some shoes so I don't have to pay for rentals anymore. I have fingertip grips and no thumb slug.

My problem is: Learning to throw it fast with 3 fingers and get good revs is not working out so well for me, I can throw it with 3 fingers and get very good rev rates (someone told me it was over 400) if I don't swing the ball back very much; my ball speed doing this however is only between 15-16mph. For some reason when I hold the ball out front and let it swing all the way back with just my right arm, then forward with good speed, it barely spins, sometimes it rotates weird (like the earth).

I have found that when I throw it a little slower with a shorter swing and high revs, my wrist is in a forward position, not broken or straight at all. I have tried swinging the ball back in this position but I can't get it to work really great for some reason, I almost think I need a thumb grip or something since my hands get a little sweaty sometimes. I don't know what to do because I can throw around a 185 using a shorter motion and high revs but a medium/slower speed, but I don't want to leave little room for improvement since I know I should be swinging the ball back more. I used to play a lot of football and we would underhand toss the balls to each other with a fast speed + spiral, I had people tell me to practice this and I did a bit, but I am very proficient at it, I just can't get it to transfer over to bowling, maybe I am trying to spin it too late with the speed I don't know.

Thank You -

TJ
    Modify message

Ringer
    Chats: 0

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

- John Blutarsky
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Maybe in your back swing your letting your wrist come up make sure it is always cocked and it a loaded position so you can snap at the end