Thread: Beat the Champ local tournament buffalo ny

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Default Beat the Champ local tournament buffalo ny

I decided to test my skills and entered my first tournament since 2000. I'm a bit anxious but excited. I have been practicing almost everyday for the last month to prepare for this. My game feels smooth and powerful, I feel ready for this chalange. It is a three game series and the top 24 advance. Then they roll again where the top 9 advance to tv. Right now the cut off is at a 681 series. The oil layout is a house shot And They dress the oil once at start of the day.I will be bowling after a squad at 12:00pm this sunday. It is 30 dollars to enter and first gets around 500 to 350

Cranker

Good luck, lots of good bowlers in the Buffalo area.

That sounds like a cool tourney, good luck.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Blog Entries

My series 194 147 235

Lefty

Ball: radical guru master

16 lane alley with a wood surface

I would start on lane 1/2migrated to 5/6 and end up on 9/10

1st game jitters wore off real quick after I opened up with a split. I was playing the track area at 15 and had modest success. The alleys were wood and my back end was way to powerful for the outside. I ended with a 194

2nd game things went sour. I wasnt hitting my mark and I began to lose my focus. Started to leave a few opens and I felt like I was forcing myself to do something i was not comfortable doing. I ended up moving back to the outside in the 10th frame to see how I can throw it near the second arrow. As expected it came in high so my next shot I was going to use a soft wrist. I Ended with a 147.

3rd game

I made my adjustment and it ended up being the best thing for me. Release felt good and I really bombed my shot down there. I started with 4 strikes tripping a few 9s. The oil was drying up so I kept my speed up and threw with less hook. My ball looked good and it was causing all kinds of pin action down lane. I found my groove and ended with a 235 and a clean game

My thoughts

Quite a different atmosphere from what I was used to. The bowling lanes were nice and consistent. The back ends were strong and you had to be fairly accurate or the ball wouldn't come back which I liked. I did very well on my spares and never really got to nervous. I learned more about diffrent hand positions, speed and using my intution to make better decisions. I look forward to doing this again in the near future.