Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bowling on TV

Chats: 0

Default Bowling on TV

I think it would be great if the TV announcers told us what ball was being thrown on every shot. Also they should discuss the oil more as it breaks down and the players make adjustments. The PBA colors the oil blue so we the viewer can see it but the announcers barely mention it except for announcing the pattern in the beginning.

All together it's my opinion that the bowling TV guys are terrible!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

TV announcers NEVER mention the brand but they will mention the ball name (Haywire, never say Roto Grip Haywre). It's a sponsorship thing. I'm sure multiple ball mfgs sponsor these events so they don't want to show any bias. To them, as long as they keep sponsoring they are all "equal"

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

you have to be blind not to notice which brand a bowler reps for, so to mention the ball name is plenty

most ESPN broadcasts they tell you what each bowler has in the rack and which they are currently throwing
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Pin Crusher

I agree Randy has got to go. Not because of the kind of balls it is his personality rubs me the wrong way. He just ain't funny. I don't want funny.

Pin Crusher

One other thing, I watched the ESPN show Sunday and it was awful. Even the intro's were a joke. And here is so and so a one time winner who has been on the tour for 25 YEARS? Now that is impressive. Oh I forgot any show that has the Baker system sucks. Bowlers have no chance to get lined up or make corrections it is just who guesses right. They could bowl a full regular league style game. I don't want to hear doll face interviewing people I want to see bowling.

I have watched a lot of bowling on TV and the announcers do not tell you what ball is being thrown on each shot. On some events they will put up a graphic with whats in the bowlers bag and that is about it. Not sure what you guys are watching.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

I too wish there were more talk of the gear that the bowlers are using. Sometimes I can tell and sometimes I cant. Maybe they think it's too specific for the casual bowling fans....

This is nothing more than a PBA bashing thread. Example: "I agree Randy has got to go. Not because of the kind of balls it is his personality rubs me the wrong way. He just ain't funny. I don't want funny." He's just not funny, I don't want funny, but he's got to go. What do you really mean?

Personally, I like the fact that they are showing 2 full baker games. There is a tremendous amount to be learned from watching these elite bowlers bowling in a team format, if you can just get past the fact that all you want to do is to bash the PBA and the telecast.

Pin Crusher

Rob the Baker is what don't like. I want the old tour back not some staged side show.

Bowler

And here I was beginning to wonder if we would have the annual anti PBA league thread....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast