Thread: 300 games now and then.....

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default 300 games now and then.....

My understanding of bowling is that back in the earlier days of the PBA there were maybe 3-5 300 games prior to the actual playoff in an event. And now there are about . And now there are 3-5 each round.... is this true and what accounts for the number increase.. Are balls today that much better.

Calling Mike White....

But in short, yes balls are much better but so are the athletes. And coaching and accessibility to good coaching is better. That along with multitude of online resources at your fingertips makes it an easier game to learn

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post
    Calling Mike White....

But in short, yes balls are much better but so are the athletes. And coaching and accessibility to good coaching is better. That along with multitude of online resources at your fingertips makes it an easier game to learn
    If the equipment is so much better, the athletes are so much better, and coaching is so much better, why do they still have to wall up the lanes to make the players happy?

Take away the flood of oil, and the wall, and you will see how "good" the balls and "athletes" aren't.

You see how good they aren't when they don't make match play due to poor performance. They don't wall up the lanes for the pros, they get patterns that play different each game.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

I'd have to agree that the balls are better and the players are so adapt to consistent breakdown and transition of the lanes. They know when and where to move 3-4 frames before they need to.

I can remember when Guppy Troup set a record with 6 300's in a single pro season. Bet there's a few people a season that surpass that, and the season is way shorter.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    I can remember when Guppy Troup set a record with 6 300's in a single pro season. Bet there's a few people a season that surpass that, and the season is way shorter.
    Guppy Troup, I got to bowl with him a couple of times at some pro-ams.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Me league had one 300 from a sub, and this past week in the final week before playoffs start next week we finally had a 300 from a regular bowler.....his team lost.....he was playing his dad's team lol

Bowler

I would alsosay that todays lanes are a much more consistant surface than the wood lanes of yesterday.