Thread: New member from Kentucky looking for the experts

Default New member from Kentucky looking for the experts

Good evening.

I was an avid bowler for several years where I became a scratch bowler within 2 years due to the caliber of bowlers that introduced me to the sport. I had never bowled and in 1993 I met my current wife of 16 years who had a deep involvement in bowling. There was no chance they would let me bowl on their teams without me taking it serious and wanting to get better. In return, my weekly league became my proof I was trying and wanted to be good. After 8 years of bowling in winter and summer leagues and finishing with an average of 209 I had to take a break. Marriage, kids, new careers, well you get it, bowling became the lessor of priorities. I did re-enter for short period of time in 2002-2005 where I picked up where I left off and felt confident that I could still compete in jackpots. But again, life took over. So recently a close friend who was part of my bowling initiation has got my interest again. While I have not committed to a league again I have thought about bowling with one of my other passions. That other passion being a programmer where during the day I lead a corporate team that develops software that processes billions of dollars and in my free time I develop mobile games. I partnered with a co-worker and developed Twisted Drag Bike racing that is a spin off of his very successful No Limit Drag Racing. Although I miss my 1990 Fox Body mustang back in the day I feel I have the knowledge to build a bowling game that caters to the serious amateur bowler that understands lane conditions, ball characteristics, and the competitive factor of out playing your opponent. In return, I have been intrigued by the involvement and discussions on this forum and would like to extend the opportunity to everyone on here to get your 2 cents on what you think would make the best mobile bowling game. I have setup a FB group where participants can become members and provide their input and suggestions. I will be spending hours reading this forum and more than likely getting involved in discussions on current equipment and enjoy reading about the different houses and the types of shots you all are faced with. I would like to join a summer league in the Louisville KY area but trying to see the feasibility of that with the sports schedule of my son with baseball and basketball.

Looking forward to reading and learning about today's bowling world.

If you are interested in being involved with the development of the mobile bowling game the link is below:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/130194364042602/

Marty
    Louisville, KY

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Welcome to the site! There are a lot of very smart people on here that can answer about any questions you have.