Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Sport League

Default First Sport League

I'm going to bowl in my first singles sport shot league this summer. I'm a 210 average on a house shot, what kind of realistic drop will I see in my average?

Chats: 256

You can likely expect a 180 average or so. Make your spare shooting a premium, try to keep your games clean. Learn as much as you can about your game on those patterns and also what your equipment does for you.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    You can likely expect a 180 average or so. Make your spare shooting a premium, try to keep your games clean. Learn as much as you can about your game on those patterns and also what your equipment does for you.
    I'm going to do a PBA Challenge league this summer and was told the same thing.

Expect to have crap scores and to be 30 to 40 pins under your normal average until you can figure out how to bowl on these oil patterns.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Don't be afraid to alter the surface of your ball for each pattern. Longer patterns you might want to give lower surface(500-1000), where as the shorter patterns would want higher surface(2000-4000) to the balls.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Don't be afraid to alter the surface of your ball for each pattern. Longer patterns you might want to give lower surface(500-1000), where as the shorter patterns would want higher surface(2000-4000) to the balls.
    My Vandal & Thug Unruly are both 500 (OOB), and my Ruckus Schizo is 4000.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    That'll give you a good start at it. Alter surfaces as you need to.

Thanks for the tip, I've got a menace 3000 grit OOB, Hywire 1500 w/ Polish OOB and my rising star that I just resurfaced to 2000 grit w/ Polish. Got some Abralon pads coming in the mail. Never had to alter surfaces before. I ordered 1000, 2000, 3000 and 4000. Any other suggestion? And would you suggest getting a polish as well?

Chats: 4

As vdubtx said make sure your spare shooting is at a premium because if
    it's not then you can expect anywhere from 20 to 50 or more pins less on
    average than bowling on a THS pattern.

On sport shot conditions there is rarely if ever any kind of give me shots
    like on a THS, you will have to learn how to hit the shot and get the pins
    to carry.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    I would also recommend maybe making the vandal or unruly 2000. Only because the breakdown can be rough depending on the pattern, who is on your pair and temperature of the alley. I would literally just change balls when the breakdown happened and never moved lines, which could help you remain as comfortable as possible. I entered my first sport shot league with 202 and i finished with a 180. My low game was a 130 i think, but i learned alot about my game. I haven't bowled on a house shot yet, besides practice, but i feel that if i do i will crush it. good luck
    Last edited by Hot_pocket; 04-26-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_pocket View Post
    I would also recommend maybe making the vandal or unruly 2000. Only because the breakdown can be rough depending on the pattern, who is on your pair and temperature of the alley. I would literally just change balls when the breakdown happened and never moved lines, which could help you remain as comfortable as possible. I entered my first sport shot league with 202 and i finished with a 180. My low game was a 130 i think, but i learned alot about my game. I haven't bowled on a house shot yet, besides practice, but i feel that if i do i will crush it. good luck
    I appreciate this info.

All I have bowled so far is a THS for league and a Modified THS on the 9 Tap Tour here, and the Modified THS has made me move left with the equipment that I have with good results so far.

For my spares I use a plastic T Zone and go straight as an arrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast