Thread: Used Storm 4 ball bag help

Default Used Storm 4 ball bag help

I bought a used Storm 4 ball bag. It looks like there are some issues with the back of it. On the top there is part (I think) of a strap that would connect it to the base. There is also a slot in the handle and one in the base that I would assume are used to connect it all together. I am hoping some can post some pictures of one or a similar bag to help me get it fixed.

Thanks in advance Dan Newman

Quote Originally Posted by Dnewman633 View Post
    I bought a used Storm 4 ball bag. It looks like there are some issues with the back of it. On the top there is part (I think) of a strap that would connect it to the base. There is also a slot in the handle and one in the base that I would assume are used to connect it all together. I am hoping some can post some pictures of one or a similar bag to help me get it fixed.

Thanks in advance Dan Newman
    The 2-ball portion attached to the wheel assembly is fixed in place. The upper 2-ball bag portion with the two side compartments and front compartment just sits on top of the fixed 2-ball portion; however, there should be another strap from the lower 2-ball bag part that can latch onto the one on the upper bag to lock it into place. Perhaps that's what's missing on your bag.
    When I use my bag, I always have that lower strap not connected so that I can lift the top bag off the bottom one. That way I can sit the both of them side by side in the truck of my car.
    I think the only reason you might need the lower strap is for transporting the entire assembly on a plane or something. Hope this helps...

I have a small hatchback car and have to lay it down to fit it inside. I know they hook together but was hoping to get a pic or two to help me figure out how.

Thanks

It appears that the strap that goes through the loop on the bottom portion on the back is missing. I see in your pictures that the strap on the top portion of your bag is just hanging down and connected to nothing. If you want to hook both bags together, you'll have to obtain the bottom strap for the lower portion of the assembly. The top strap just slides into the latching mechanism on the lower strap.
    Here's a link to the spare parts listing for Storm bowling bags: http://publicftp.stormbowling.com/we...de_6.11.14.pdf
    Looks like you need part BGSTRAP4BR and maybe the strap clip, too. Hope this helps...

Thank you. Now I just need to figure out how the clip on the handle ties into it.

I recently sold 2 4 ball storm thunder rollers. One needed new ball cups, so I called storm and they sent me ball cups for free. You can call and see if they can send you those parts without cost.

Both bags i sold are in far better conditions than that bag. One bag was sold at $110 2008 model in almost like new condition with new bearings (3 months of usage). The other is a 2010? model with more miles on it. Also with new bearings and ball cups. No shoulder straps. $100. Both were sold to college students who couldn't afford these stupid prices at $220 storm thunders. The "like new" I could of got $150-$160 for it easy.

I paid $40 for it..... I'm not going to complain. If it lasts a year I will have gotten my $$$$'s worth out of it.