Thread: Must be the ball!

Chats: 0

Default Must be the ball!

Picked up a used Ebonite Adrenaline Shot from a buddy of mine last week. Had it plugged and redrilled to fit me and picked it up yesterday. Straight to the lanes for a 203/200/211-614! My first 600 ever, and a far cry from my 158 average. I liked this method so much I went back to the pro shop and dug thru his used rack to see what he had. Wound up buying another ball! LOL

SandBagger

This can work if the used ball is NOT to used. You want to be sure the ball still has surface or can take enough surface to still work on its original conditions.

Thanks! I am trying to be picky when I shop. I am new to the game, and figured this was a cheaper way to build my arsenal with some better balls.
    Current Weaponry:
    Storm IQ Tour Nano, Ebonite Adreneline Shot, Ebonite Cyclone, Track 920T, Storm Tropical Breeze
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums!

Personally, I don't fault the equipment. I fault the equipment operator.

The operator controls everything about the equipment, from drilling, to throwing and maintenance.

I learned the hard way a while back ago when my Thug Unruly wasn't giving me any back end. Took it to my pro shop, had it resurfaced and had the oil removed and it made a world of difference.

Now I use a ball cleaner on my towel after every shot to keep as much dirt and oil off of my ball as possible. When I get home I clean them even more so.

Even so, reactive resin balls need to be de-oiled and resurfaced every couple of months or so because no matter how well you clean them, they soak up oil like a sponge.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    Personally, I don't fault the equipment. I fault the equipment operator.

The operator controls everything about the equipment, from drilling, to throwing and maintenance.

I learned the hard way a while back ago when my Thug Unruly wasn't giving me any back end. Took it to my pro shop, had it resurfaced and had the oil removed and it made a world of difference.

Now I use a ball cleaner on my towel after every shot to keep as much dirt and oil off of my ball as possible. When I get home I clean them even more so.

Even so, reactive resin balls need to be de-oiled and resurfaced every couple of months or so because no matter how well you clean them, they soak up oil like a sponge.
    The "operator" is not the PSO, it's the bowler with his hand in the ball. The PSO does what the bowler tells him to do, it's the bowler's job to know enough to tell him what to do. Looking forward to talking tomorrow.

So in this case, the Operator (me) must have just had a really good day! And I was giving the ball all the credit! lol
    Current Weaponry:
    Storm IQ Tour Nano, Ebonite Adreneline Shot, Ebonite Cyclone, Track 920T, Storm Tropical Breeze
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by dadman13 View Post
    so in this case, the operator (me) must have just had a really good day! And i was giving the ball all the credit! Lol
    right!

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The "operator" is not the PSO, it's the bowler with his hand in the ball. The PSO does what the bowler tells him to do, it's the bowler's job to know enough to tell him what to do. Looking forward to talking tomorrow.
    The PSO isn't the operator. It's the owner of the equipment.

I too am looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be there before 12:30 to talk with Kieth for a few.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Cranker

Maybe the span, pap or pin drill was changed from what ever you were using...Just a thought.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner