Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why did I join a sport shot league?

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    I'm just hoping that my accuracy improves from doing this league. My goal is to hit a 190+ average. Once I get my spinner and Abralon pads, I'm going to play with my surfaces and see what I can do. Many of my balls are at a 500 finish. Some are polished, others are a matte finish. I'm going to add polish to my Brunswick Melee Cross after taking it to around 3000 grit and see how it changes the ball. This summer is all about experimenting.
    Sounds like you're doing the league for the same reason as me. I hope to average 220+ next fall, a 5-10 pin bump in average. Tall task but I think I can do it!!
    In my bag: Roto Grip Halo, Roto Grip Halo Pearl, Rot Grip Idol Pearl, Storm Fever Pitch, Storm Ice
    High Game: 300 (2), High Series: 783
    THS Average: 215

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    After our league was over I was told that most keep the same pattern for 3 weeks then change. We changed every week and it was brutal. Walk in off the street change your shoes and good luck. Not only that but they would change after a few frames. Take a couple of shots to get close to lined up and it was gone. Not a little gone but a lot gone.
    Changing after every week is insane. The reason most houses keep the same pattern for 3 to 4 weeks is so that you can adjust your equipment and learn how to play the pattern. If your changing every week your not learning anything. I think I understand why you feel the way you do about PBA leagues. I would suggest trying it again sometime at a different house. It can be a good experience that teaches you how to adjust your physical game, learn to play different parts of the lane, and get an understanding of how your equipment works. Bowling on sport patterns really lets the differences in balls shine where on THS everything works it's just a question of carry.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Changing after every week is insane. The reason most houses keep the same pattern for 3 to 4 weeks is so that you can adjust your equipment and learn how to play the pattern. If your changing every week your not learning anything. I think I understand why you feel the way you do about PBA leagues. I would suggest trying it again sometime at a different house. It can be a good experience that teaches you how to adjust your physical game, learn to play different parts of the lane, and get an understanding of how your equipment works. Bowling on sport patterns really lets the differences in balls shine where on THS everything works it's just a question of carry.
    The one thing I noticed about the house I currently bowl in, is, that the sport patterns do change every week. And in some cases they have 2 different patters on the lanes.

I agree with your point about changing them weekly isn't really a good thing, I can also see why they do that as well, because there are a couple of occasions when the pros have 2 different patterns to bowl on during stepladder finals and the PBA Experience leagues probably do that for that very same reason.

When I do my sport shot league next week I plan on taking notes for each pattern I play on so that I have a decent reference as to how to play the pattern.

Yes, I know the pattern will play differently from house to house. But as long as I have some sort of reference to work with I can start from there and make adjustments.

ALSO...Did anybody notice that the USBC is not going to post what patterns they are using for their opens until after the competition has been completed? THAT should be interesting to watch! lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 0

After 4 games of practice Sunday to get a read on Alcatraz, I narrowed it down to my Hammer Black Legend. First game in league play tonite it was like being in my winter league. Shot 221 and that could have been a 250 game easily.
    Then game two, for no reason, my ring finger decided to swell up until I couldn't fit the ball anymore. With thumb and middle finger I managed a 156. Switched to my Brunswick Gold Pro Vintage but it didn't match up at all. Only ball I could use with my finger acting up. Shot 121, 161 last two games.
    No bowling for two weeks because of the holiday so to everyone reading this- Happy Memorial Day!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234