Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a second ball....

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default looking for a second ball....

Ok, for a first ball I got a storm mix dilled for myself its only 10 ls and currently I roll about 12. mph I get a slight hook when it moves off the oil but that's about it. I'm looking to pick out a second ball I can throw with a bit more hook.
    So far my choices are
    Ebonite cyclone
    Brunswick Rhino
    Strike king.
    Of these three which do you think might be the better choice that will hook more than the mix. I will most likely up the weight to 11 lbs. but no way would a 12 # ball be anywhere in my near future.

Pin Crusher

Rhino.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

The strike King shouldn't be considered but take a look at this. http://www.bowlingball.com/CompareProducts.aspx
    Added in a gb2. Check the numbers though. They are pretty close. The lower the rg the higher the flare potential the higher the diff. The higher the track flare potential. The cyclone wins sort of speak.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Chats: 10

Agree with Rhino.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

SandBagger

You could also look at the DV8 Grudge which hooks a lot. The Brunswick Melee Hook is a smooth strong finishing ball.

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckR View Post
    You could also look at the DV8 Grudge which hooks a lot. The Brunswick Melee Hook is a smooth strong finishing ball.

I had the Melee Hook (won it here). Was not all that impressed with it's finishing capabilities, unless it was on medium. On heavy, my IQ Nano outclassed it. Still not a bad buy, though. Depends on your game.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I had the Melee Hook (won it here). Was not all that impressed with it's finishing capabilities, unless it was on medium. On heavy, my IQ Nano outclassed it. Still not a bad buy, though. Depends on your game.
    I also won my Melee Hook here. I agree that on Oily, Sport shots, it is not the best ball. You don't see these conditions on most THS. Right now there are a LOT of balls for the variety of conditions. Match the balls to the house conditions you bowl on. This is usually medium oily to light oil as the lanes break down.

I have the cyclone, and I love it!

Bowler

ok, well i have an 11# red goldblack rhino on order

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast