Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jconner91 Scores to start Summer league

Thursday Night Summer league:

After last weeks opening 700+ series I had 0 handicap this week and we faced a team that started out 255 pins ahead of us. The first game was singles and I bowled a 179. 2nd frame I hit pocket and somehow left the 5-7. The 5 was ringing around and around but never fell. Then the 7th frame the ball jumped through the nose and split. Throw in some pocket 10s and 7s and you get a 179. The guy had like 80 pins of handicap and shut me out in the 6th or 7th frame. The second game I was finally getting some carry and shot a 245. I left a split in the 2nd ball of the 10th and missed hitting anything on the 2nd throw. Well I didnt know but we needed 1 pin for the win and we ended up tieing. Then in third game I shot a 234 and we lost the team score by 2 pins. I ended up with a 658 series which isnt terrible considering the first game. Overall we were 4 pins difference between 6 and 11 points out of a possible 12 points. Was frustrating to say the least.

Sunday Elite Bowlers Tour Tournament:

There was an interesting tournament at oakfield that was 6 games with half long pattern (46') and half short (36'). Started off in the long pattern with a clean 208 and then 185 in the short pattern. This where it started to get a little crazy. I went back to the long pattern and after coming from the short pattern I left a few outside that never came back. Then back to the short pattern, the oil moved down the lane and it wasnt hooking as much as the first game. Ended the last 4 games 166, 171, 166, 168. Those 4 games all had their fair share of strikes and opens. I just couldnt find a steady groove. Ended up 9th out of 21 people which isnt terrible but could have done better.

Monday Night League:

After bowling the 6 games the previous day I admit I was not really looking forward to bowling this night. I bowled a 220-173-245 for a 638. The 173 I got a pocket 7-10 in the 2nd frame and it lost my motivation for the rest of the game but then got it back the last game.

In other news............ I finally contacted a coach! wooooo! I have my first lesson with Lucy Sandelin in 3 weeks. Hopefully this will make me more consistent and help me get to the next level.

Thursday night league:

Started out with a 267 out of the gate. The second game I struck out in the 10th to shoot a 215. I missed a 10 pin in the 6th frame. Last game I shot a 190 with a missed 10 pin in the 9th frame. I was beyond livid at this because the first 10 pin I missed was barely right then the next one was barely left of it. This also put our team score in a tough spot but their team opened in 3 out of 4 10th frames and we ended up winning by 4 pins. Ended up with a 672 which will bring my average down a little but overall I threw the ball great.

Side note - The woman next to us had a 300-290 after 2 games then shot a 243 in the last game for a 833. It was pretty amazing to watch.

Well I burned my middle finger and thumb taking something out of the oven for my wife and I dont believe I will be able to bowl Monday or Thursday. This sucks

Monday Night:

Well it was my return after a week off from burning my thumb, index, and middle finger. I bowled absolutely terrible. I believe it was a 533 series with 4 missed 10 pins. I could not find a line and my middle finger was kind of bothering me. I hope that Thursday night will be better because I dont see how it could get worse. I have a lesson with Lucy Sandelin on Saturday which should help a lot.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by Jconner91 View Post
    Sunday Elite Bowlers Tour Tournament:

There was an interesting tournament at oakfield that was 6 games with half long pattern (46') and half short (36'). Started off in the long pattern with a clean 208 and then 185 in the short pattern. This where it started to get a little crazy. I went back to the long pattern and after coming from the short pattern I left a few outside that never came back. Then back to the short pattern, the oil moved down the lane and it wasnt hooking as much as the first game. Ended the last 4 games 166, 171, 166, 168. Those 4 games all had their fair share of strikes and opens. I just couldnt find a steady groove. Ended up 9th out of 21 people which isnt terrible but could have done better.
    How do you like the EBT tournaments? Is that the one Boz runs?

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    How do you like the EBT tournaments? Is that the one Boz runs?
    They are run by Gary Gordon. I like them a lot even though they only get about 20-30 people in the scratch portion. They are run smooth and not a bad payout either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jconner91 View Post
    Monday Night:

Well it was my return after a week off from burning my thumb, index, and middle finger. I bowled absolutely terrible. I believe it was a 533 series with 4 missed 10 pins. I could not find a line and my middle finger was kind of bothering me. I hope that Thursday night will be better because I dont see how it could get worse. I have a lesson with Lucy Sandelin on Saturday which should help a lot.
    My average went from a 228 to a 222 because of the 533 LOL hope tonight isnt as bad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123