Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brunswick Rhino

Default Brunswick Rhino

This is not your typical entry level pearl bowling ball! I would have to say that the Rhino this the cleanest release from Brunswick Bowling.

The core and cover combo gets the Rhino down the lane without any trouble and when it encounters the dry at the exit point,and it turns left without any hint of jump.
    What you do get is a controlled smooth heavy arc.The Rhino on a fresh house let me move just right of the oil line and and playing this angle allowed me to stay with the Rhino longer before moving deeper with this ball when the lanes started burning up when fronts started to hook early.

On the 2nd shift house or the broken down tournament shot the Rhino is the ball you are looking for. The Rhino's smooth arcing roll allows me send it wide and have it corner consistently without fearing that it was going to jump through the nose. The pin carry was great on this type of shot.

But the Rhino is perfectly suited for those medium to light oil house shots.
    Anyone looking for control in a price-point ball needs to think about the Rhino as their next purchase.

So make sure you take a look at the new line of Rhino’s.
    Angela Wilt Brunswick Regional Staff Member

‪#‎BrunswickBowling‬ ‪#‎TeamBrunswick‬ ‪#‎BowlWithBrunswick

Bowler
    Chats: 0

I already have an 11 # one on order. I know that It won't have the core but hoping it works well either way.

Chats: 221

Ball looks very p[romising for where I bowl on Wednesdays in the fall. I will drill one before I come back to bowling after my foot surgery in June
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Hope your surgery goes well.

Thanks for the concern.But I don't need any surgery.My kneecap was out of line.Going through PT for another 3 weeks.The Dr.said most athletes get this.So,I just need to be more proactive in stretching before tournaments.And at home.

I feel that the Rhino is a little sooner than the Strike King,but not by much.The Rhino seems to have a little more motion in the late mid-lane than the Strike King.The Rhino also seems like it gave me more miss room right,without fear of it hanging and not recovering when sent wide.Or jumping through the nose.

Playing the same line "fourth arrow" on second shift lanes,the Rhino is more continuous than the Strike King.But I like this because I can get it wider and play slightly steeper angles,without it jumping off the exit point or not recovering.The Strike King would be about 2-3 boards right of the Rhino down lane.

Playing on a fresh 44 foot house shot the Rhino wasn't as touchy downlane at the breakpoint.The Strike King on this condition is about 5"-7"longer.But again,the Rhino allowed me to play more areas on the lane with more consistency,with better pin carry because of the angles it lets me play.
    The Rhino seems to be more versatile than the Strike King.Which helps fill holes in my bag.That's always a good thing when trying to figure out what balls to take to a tournament.The Rhino gives me more area on the drying and broken lanes,and being able to play straighter on fresh house shots,that's a plus.I really like this ball.Finding a great ball for me that matches my speed and rev rate on these conditions, dramatically helps my carry.And ball that helps me relax and feel confident in it's ability greatly increases confidence.
    Last edited by BowlingTechGirl; 05-12-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingTechGirl View Post
    Thanks for the concern.But I don't need any surgery.
    @ BowlingTechGirl
    I believe jimgilmore was referring to Stormed1 post about having to have foot surgery in June

Now as for the Rhino it looks to be a very promising ball but I do hope they will bring a retro
    release of the Rhino Pro Teal ball back I loved mine shot many 300 games with it. I still have
    it as a momento ball and I'll never part with it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 221

Angela, As a former Motiv staffer how would you compare it in strength to an Ascent?
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

The Rhino sounds awesome! Angela hope you get a video up for it too.
    Doghouse Reilly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast