Thread: Help me kill the 10 pin!

Chats: 0

Default Help me kill the 10 pin!

I am a new bowler. Just a few months. I am learning, but think I have learned just enough to be confused. What I haven't learned is how to carry the damn 10 pin! I am slower speed/medium revs, and I play down the 5 to 10 depending on the lanes. (And where I throw the ball, lol). From what I'm reading, I think I need to move left, but I'm not sure I understand everything I read. So basically, I need some advice. Or a wider ball!
    Current Weaponry:
    Storm IQ Tour Nano, Ebonite Adreneline Shot, Ebonite Cyclone, Track 920T, Storm Tropical Breeze
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums!

So I have some good and bad news. The bad news is the better/more consistent you get, the more 10 pins you'll leave as your spares. The good news is the better you get, the easier it is to see why a 10 stays up and how you can adjust to it. Your adjustment really depends on how your ball is travelling through the pins. In the videos/pictures forum there is a really good, informative video demonstrating the difference between a ball that carries vs. a ball that leaves a 10 - and how to adjust. It does a better job showing than I could trying to type it out... give that a look and see if you can find it.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    So I have some good and bad news. The bad news is the better/more consistent you get, the more 10 pins you'll leave as your spares. The good news is the better you get, the easier it is to see why a 10 stays up and how you can adjust to it. Your adjustment really depends on how your ball is travelling through the pins. In the videos/pictures forum there is a really good, informative video demonstrating the difference between a ball that carries vs. a ball that leaves a 10 - and how to adjust. It does a better job showing than I could trying to type it out... give that a look and see if you can find it.

Is this the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tylKw_CIR-o

Awesome! Thank you both! Video was very helpful, and I even understood it! Can't wait to try the fix.
    Current Weaponry:
    Storm IQ Tour Nano, Ebonite Adreneline Shot, Ebonite Cyclone, Track 920T, Storm Tropical Breeze
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums!

Pin Crusher

Hey they left out the part about how to fix the problem. More hand, More right, Slower, Faster? Without to much tech talk. Keep it simple like those books "Bowling for DUMMiES"