Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need ball help

Default Need ball help

okay so long story short, kinda. I used to bowl weekly and just bought a $70 ball or whatever from sports authority and loved it and can no longer find it, it gave me my highest game of 225. I'm a righty and play with no thumb and have always had good luck with house balls. Moved to a new city and am starting bowling weekly again and was using the house balls and have to line up to the right and I can get the perfect hook in the middle of the lane and I crush it with a 15-16lb house ball. But I wanted a good ball so I went out and traded for a used Hammer Bad ***. I cannot for the life of me figure out the Bad ***. I line up in the middle and at the back end it hooks to much, on the right hooks way to much, if I line up lefty it still hooks to much and its all at the back end of the lane. I've gotten a few good frames out of it but I have to completely alter how I twist my wrist, soften it up. I don't like that, I like using "power". Any ball anyone can recommend? Should I just stick to the house balls? With a house ball I'm averaging 160 or so with a high of 181 after not bowling for about a year. Full games with the Bad *** I was only putting up like 101 lol. Any help is appreciated for a beginner.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Royalt239 View Post
    okay so long story short, kinda. I used to bowl weekly and just bought a $70 ball or whatever from sports authority and loved it and can no longer find it, it gave me my highest game of 225. I'm a righty and play with no thumb and have always had good luck with house balls. Moved to a new city and am starting bowling weekly again and was using the house balls and have to line up to the right and I can get the perfect hook in the middle of the lane and I crush it with a 15-16lb house ball. But I wanted a good ball so I went out and traded for a used Hammer Bad ***. I cannot for the life of me figure out the Bad ***. I line up in the middle and at the back end it hooks to much, on the right hooks way to much, if I line up lefty it still hooks to much and its all at the back end of the lane. I've gotten a few good frames out of it but I have to completely alter how I twist my wrist, soften it up. I don't like that, I like using "power". Any ball anyone can recommend? Should I just stick to the house balls? With a house ball I'm averaging 160 or so with a high of 181 after not bowling for about a year. Full games with the Bad *** I was only putting up like 101 lol. Any help is appreciated for a beginner.

A couple of threads that deal with your situation.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...l=1#post142456

You already have the high performance ball, so you can see the advice in that thread is valid.

http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...l=1#post141398

This might help you find a useable line with the new ball.

on the first one someone was talking about the Strike King and I think they may have that at my pro shop. Definitely want to check it out after reading the reviews. Thank you for the links!

check out the new rhino

I've heard that the new Rhino will be replacing the Strike King as the Brunswick entry level ball.

What's the difference between the two reactive coverstocks? It's only a $7 difference between the two balls

Chats: 32

What's the difference between the two reactive coverstocks? It's only a $7 difference between the two balls
    Good luck finding that out. I figure the newer cover is somewhat stronger. The Rhino does have a slightly stronger core than the Strike King.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

The $7 difference really isn't much of a difference when it comes to entry level balls.

However, with that said, I think too many of the balls are way over priced to begin with. The manufacturers prey on those who want the latest and greatest that are used by the pros. They want you to follow what the pros are doing despite the fact that those new balls could very well not be good for your style of game.

While I am certainly a big fan of Ryan Ciminelli and the DV8 line, I don't like the Thug Life or the Diva XOXO he uses, especially the Thug Life. I tried it for about 20 minutes at an Expo here in Vegas and I did not like it whatsoever.

The Vandal and the Thug Unruly fit my game perfectly. And when I add the Brunswick Vintage Danger Zone and Ultimate Nirvana, they too will fit my game better than most.

Then again, with Johnny Petraglia, Jr., as my PSO, he will certainly setup these balls for optimum performance for my game. lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

not worried about the $7 difference just didn't know if it's anything substantially different between the two... Anyone want to buy a Hammer Bad-*** or trade a Rhino or Strike King for one?? lol

Chats: 4

Anyone want to buy a Hammer Bad-*** or trade a Rhino or Strike King for one?? lol
    Hey Royalt239 how much does the Badass weigh and how much do you want for it?
    I have one of them and like it quite a lot it never does hurt to have more than one
    of them.LOL!!!!!

There would be no shipping charges as I could pick the ball up because I live about
    50 or so miles from you if the price is right and the weight is right.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast