Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Added a few new pieces to the arsenal over the last month

Chats: 221

Default Added a few new pieces to the arsenal over the last month

I've added 8 balls to the league and tournament arsenal over the last Month

1 Dream Big 45x5.25x30 - Have not had a chance to throw this one yet, but look forward to throw it on longer and heavier volumes

2 Dream 50x4.75x35 - ball is very clean through the fronts with a strong mid-lane read and an angular back end reaction.

3. Dream 60x5x60 As to be expected with this layout ball is much smoother overall than the other one

4. Break Down 60x4.5x60 @3k +polish for me due to the polish this ball is a little more azngular than I expected but still is very predictable with great hitting power

5. Venom Cobra 60x5x30 Very clean and angular with great c ontinuation

6. Venom Cobra 60x5x60a 60x5x60 Long and smooth

7. Diva Pearl 60x5.5x40 - not drilled yet but is ready to drill

8. Taboo spate 65x5.5x45Not drilled yet will serve as a spare ball and for when they're toasted
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

I plan on getting either the Vintage Danger Zone or the Mastermind Brainiac. I will also be adding the Ultimate Nirvana.

My first instinct is to go with the Brainiac for greater versatility on PBA patterns (playing in a PBA Experience league in another week or so). Sean Rash did extremely well at the WSOB using this ball on 3 different patterns.

The Vintage Danger Zone is a remake of the original with a slight change to the core. It actually looks like it gets more energy as it goes down the lane and hits hard with great pin action. In the first release, way back when, it won more PBA titles than any other Brunswick ball.

The Ultimate Nirvana is totally ridiculous when it comes to control and length, and the pin action is insane. It reminds me of my Vandal in a lot of ways, but it tends to be stronger at the end.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 0

I'm still watching eBay for a deal on the Vintage Danger Zone. I love my Vintage Gold Rhino Pro, and the DZ would look good in the bag next to it. The Ultimate Nirvana looks great also.

Stormed1, your arsenal is impressive with the recent additions. Bowl in anything high end? PBA regionals maybe? Just curious.

Pin Crusher

Wow I wish I had the money to buy new bowling balls in a month. Having bowled on a sport shot how can you avg. 182 on it and only 185 on league shot?

I cringe to think how much stuff I could buy if I was single instead of married with kids.

Chats: 221

Married 42 years , 2 kids at home plus a grandkid and my sons fiance. Bought the Dreams & Break Down off Ebay for between $20 & $45 shipped. I bought the Venom Cobras with my league winnings. Bought the Diva pearl for $40 off a closeout list and the Taboo spare from a friends pro shop for $65. I have the advantage of being able to plug and drill my own stuff as I have a complete pro shop in my garage including a revivor.

On the down side I will be out of bowling for 4-6 months due to foot surgery
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

SandBagger

How do you carry that many balls? How do you decide which balls to take to the lanes? Do you bowl at many lanes with that many condition variables? Do you drive a truck or large SUV? How do you keep track of the ball vs lane conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckR View Post
    How do you carry that many balls? How do you decide which balls to take to the lanes? Do you bowl at many lanes with that many condition variables? Do you drive a truck or large SUV? How do you keep track of the ball vs lane conditions?
    When my own arsenal gets to 6, I will have specific balls for a THS and for sport shots, and those are the 2 conditions you really worry about.

My Thug Unruly & the eventual Ultimate Nirvana will be for a THS or for a sport shot that plays like a THS.

My eventual Vintage Danger Zone will be setup (drilled and surfaced) for Sport shots.

My Vandal will be at all venues. My T Zone will also be at all venues, but for spares only.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Stormed1, that's how I get all my equipment. I have a list 20 balls deep I watch for, and when one slips through for around $30, I buy it. I can't drill my own equipment yet, but I'm working on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast