Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have a ball summer league ball suggestions wanted

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    It becomes closer to a sport shot.
    Most likely people that bowl on a house shot and think it's heavy oil are playing in the wrong part of the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Most likely people that bowl on a house shot and think it's heavy oil are playing in the wrong part of the lane.
    No kidding, because the heaviest oil is supposed to be down the middle and the least amount is to the outside. That's why the THS is very forgiving to the outside.

Those PBA & sport shots can be extremely unforgiving, especially the Shark pattern. Target the 10 board and see how many 3's come up for the night! lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 0

The house I bowl at just increased THS from 38' to 44' and I love it. I've been able to bring out the Sinister and Haywire and start at the center rather then the left gutter cap. I was going to move to a new house but now I'll stay. I made sure the manager was thanked for the change.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Chats: 32

It depends on your style, speed, revs, and where you play all have an effect on the type of ball you need. Patterns and the condition of the lanes play a big role in the type of equipment you will be the most successful with also. I do think a lot of bowlers use more ball than they need to their detriment. Personally I tend to be lower speed with more revs I can use a medium oil ball even on some pretty heavy patterns my wife tends to be more speed dominate and she uses a Brunswick Nirvana or the ball really never rolls.
    Last edited by Amyers; 05-18-2016 at 10:39 AM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Many bowlers think that all house shots are the same. They're not! The only thing that makes a house shot "typical" is that there is more oil on the middle part of the lane than there is on the outside part of the lane. That's it! I know bowlers who are very successful playing the second arrow on a house shot, using very aggressive bowling balls. I know others who are very successful using entry level equipment. It all depends on the bowler's style and, in particular, his ball speed and rev rate. There is no magic formula, and certainly, no magic bowling ball. The key is understanding ball motion, and how to adjust to rapidly changing lane conditions whether it be by lateral adjustments, ball changes, speed changes, or any combination of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Many bowlers think that all house shots are the same. They're not! The only thing that makes a house shot "typical" is that there is more oil on the middle part of the lane than there is on the outside part of the lane. That's it! I know bowlers who are very successful playing the second arrow on a house shot, using very aggressive bowling balls. I know others who are very successful using entry level equipment. It all depends on the bowler's style and, in particular, his ball speed and rev rate. There is no magic formula, and certainly, no magic bowling ball. The key is understanding ball motion, and how to adjust to rapidly changing lane conditions whether it be by lateral adjustments, ball changes, speed changes, or any combination of the three.
    No way to improve on this! lol

I'm low speed and rev dominant, and RobLV1 can attest to that. He will also probably say that I'm quite unusual in many aspects of my game as well. But as long as it's working well, why change.
    Last edited by 1VegasBowler; 05-18-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Wow,,,

Sparked more of a debate than I imagined :-)

Of the balls suggested, I looked the Vintage Danger Zone and the Hammer Dark Legend. On bowlingball.com's perfect scale, the Vintage Danger Zone indicated a lower score than the GameBreaker 2 I am currently using so I am not sure that would be a good choice as I am looking for a stronger ball. The Dark Legend looks interesting but I am very open to other suggestions.

A little more info which may be helpful. With the GB2 on my league THS, I usually am standing on the 15/16 and throwing for the 7 or 8 for my strike ball. I would like to play a little deeper but not have something so strong that I will not be able to control it...

I just picked up my VDZ today and only threw it a couple of times, mostly in the 10 minute practice. It is the only symetrical ball in my arsenal.

I love the motion it has and it hit very nice and strong. But, I had this drilled at 45x5x45 for Sport patterns, so I won't know how it will be until next Wednesday when I start my PBA Experience league.

Chats: 0

You could take a look at the Storm Fight if you are looking for something that is more versatile for medium oil lanes. Hits like a truck and will be good at your speed.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Briantime View Post
    Wow,,,

Sparked more of a debate than I imagined :-)

Of the balls suggested, I looked the Vintage Danger Zone and the Hammer Dark Legend. On bowlingball.com's perfect scale, the Vintage Danger Zone indicated a lower score than the GameBreaker 2 I am currently using so I am not sure that would be a good choice as I am looking for a stronger ball. The Dark Legend looks interesting but I am very open to other suggestions.

A little more info which may be helpful. With the GB2 on my league THS, I usually am standing on the 15/16 and throwing for the 7 or 8 for my strike ball. I would like to play a little deeper but not have something so strong that I will not be able to control it...
    The VDZ has a little higher Rg than the GB2 MVP so you might see a little more backend out of it but they are going to be within a couple of boards of each other. The big thing is do you want something that handles more oil and gives more overall hook or something with just more backend? If your looking for more overall I would go with Brunswick Nirvana, Storm Lock, Hammer Dark Legend, or Roto Grip Critical any of these would handle more oil and give more overall hook than your GB2 MVP. If your just wanting additional backend pop consider the Hammer Red Legend Pearl, Brunswick Master Mind Braniac, Storm Snap Lock (coming Soon), Roto Grip Eternal Cell. Something that might give you both would be the Brunswick Ultimate Nirvana. Sorry I didn't include any Ebonite but I try not to comment on balls that I haven't seen much and there aren't many in my area who use those.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast