Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
The VDZ has a little higher Rg than the GB2 MVP so you might see a little more backend out of it but they are going to be within a couple of boards of each other. The big thing is do you want something that handles more oil and gives more overall hook or something with just more backend? If your looking for more overall I would go with Brunswick Nirvana, Storm Lock, Hammer Dark Legend, or Roto Grip Critical any of these would handle more oil and give more overall hook than your GB2 MVP. If your just wanting additional backend pop consider the Hammer Red Legend Pearl, Brunswick Master Mind Braniac, Storm Snap Lock (coming Soon), Roto Grip Eternal Cell. Something that might give you both would be the Brunswick Ultimate Nirvana. Sorry I didn't include any Ebonite but I try not to comment on balls that I haven't seen much and there aren't many in my area who use those.

This is why I limit my comments to the ones that I use or am about to use.

Hopefully, we all try to take a little something from everybody (except the know alls) to explore the possible options we have available to us from our own experiences. Talking to a good PSO is also very valuable.

Case and point: I debated between the Mastermind Brainiac and the Vintage Danger Zone as one of the balls I wanted for Sport patterns. While there is a wealth of information out here and some great opinions for both, I ultimately had to talk with my PSO, Johnny Petraglia, Jr.

While he made good cases for both, he strongly suggested the VDZ. While he could have gone for the more expensive of the 2 (albeit not much more), he went with the one that he feels would best fit what I would want to do with it. It just shows that not all PSO's are not just looking for the money. They're trying to help you out in getting you with what would be a better fit.

We all certainly have our preferences in equipment, and I respect the opinions of those who can certainly make the case for the ball they think would be best.

But, with no disrespect to anybody, I have to go with the person who has a better knowledge than all of us here. (Sorry if that doesn't sound right, but I fail for other words at this point and time..lol)