Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Golfers

Default For the Golfers

Figured the golfers should have a side thread also. Share your rounds and experiences, as well as your tips if you have any.
    Today I shot 99. I didn't start hitting them good till about the 7th hole, where i started playing bogey golf. I had 2 pars on the day and my short game and putting was on point. I just kept putting myself in bad lies and had no good looks off the tee, costing me strokes for having to punch out or drop all together.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

Chats: 4

Hmmm I've never had the desire to play a game of real golf but I do love playing
    miniature golf though. I guess that I burned myself out of wanting to play golf
    back when I was 8 or 9 years old as our neighbors up the street were golf fanatics
    and they gave me a club and a few tees and a few balls.

Well we had a great big back yard and all summer long I would get up bright and
    early in the morning and I would hit the ball as far as I could then go find it and
    hit it back the other direction and repeat it over and over all day long all summer
    long.

I said back then at the end of summer vacation that I'd probably never try to play
    golf and to this day I've never stepped foot on a golf course but as I said I do love
    to play miniature golf.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

I like golf but I'm not very good at it. Getting outside on a nice day to play a round on a nice green course is a fantastic way to spend a day, though.

You should have turned that burn out into passion and been on the PGA tour lol...
    9 holes? Haven't played a nine hole course yet.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

I played in high school and was somewhat consistently breaking 80...now I set out with the goal of breaking 95 the few times I get out a year haha. I used to golf pretty regularly but since I moved to CO and now MD, I haven't found anyone to golf with so I usually only golf when I go back home to MI.

Its funny how my interest in watching golf has completely disappeared since Tiger has fallen off. I used to watch most of the weekend coverage during the majors and the Sunday coverage for the regular tour events (even before Tiger came on the scene), now I hardly watch a stroke.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    Roto Grip Critical ball give away winner (04JAN16-10JAN16)

Chats: 0

I love to golf also. But unlike bowling where I hook, in golf I slice! LOL. Haven't gotten to play a lot this year yet because of all the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by shadd View Post
    I played in high school and was somewhat consistently breaking 80...now I set out with the goal of breaking 95 the few times I get out a year haha. I used to golf pretty regularly but since I moved to CO and now MD, I haven't found anyone to golf with so I usually only golf when I go back home to MI.

Its funny how my interest in watching golf has completely disappeared since Tiger has fallen off. I used to watch most of the weekend coverage during the majors and the Sunday coverage for the regular tour events (even before Tiger came on the scene), now I hardly watch a stroke.
    I didn't have a high school team, which sucked because i'm pretty sure I would be a better golfer if I did. I haven't shot under 90 yet even though I've been playing for years. I'm close though. I always end up shooting high thanks to stupid decisions or blow up holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadman13 View Post
    I love to golf also. But unlike bowling where I hook, in golf I slice! LOL. Haven't gotten to play a lot this year yet because of all the rain.
    I went from slicing to hooking ...I just can't win lol

Slicing and hooking...I prefer the terms power fade and power draw. I think it makes me sound a couple strokes better than I actually am haha.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums.
    Roto Grip Critical ball give away winner (04JAN16-10JAN16)

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by shadd View Post
    Slicing and hooking...I prefer the terms power fade and power draw. I think it makes me sound a couple strokes better than I actually am haha.
    I use the words...

Lost the ball over this way

or

Lost the ball over that way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast