Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of bowling for te next 4-6 months

Chats: 0

Wishing you the best of luck and a fast recovery!

Chats: 221

Well I got some good news from the doctor Friday. The last time I had this surgery I was totally off my foot for 6-8 weeks and then another 4 months before I could start back bowling. He told me I would be off my foot (no weight on it) for 2-4 weeks instead of the 6-8 I was expecting. My hope is that if I'm a good boy maybe I can be back to bowling by the middle to end of October vs January
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Well for an update. It's been 2 weeks since the foot surgery. Te surgery went well, they ground down the offending bone and also repaired some scar tissue which was hindering the healing prior to the surgery. Saw the dr. last Monday and he was happy, not so much today. The tissue in the center of thee wound is not mending as he would like. He has ordered a wound-vazc to go on my foot. If it goes as the last time I will be in the unit for 2-3 months and then have some surgical skin grafts done to complete the healing process. It is was it is and as much as i wouldc like to i'm not going to rush back

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I know how you feel, I had back surgery like 10 years ago and I have bolts in my back. It's been bothering me a lot since I came back to bowling 4 months ago. Not enough to make me stop though. I'm going to see if I can just get a shot for the little annoying pain from my back down my but and leg Here's my lower back
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Just wanted to check for another update and thought I would let you know you're still in my thoughts and prayers. Health wise you've been through hell and back so I have faith you will be back bowling when the time is right. Good luck and hope the last ten days proved better than the previous.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Progressing well. They did a skin graft on Monday, so we'll see what the doc says next Monday

Well it's time for an update. Thins are progressing at a better pace than I expected based on my previous similar surgeries. My being a "good boy" and staying off my foot as much as possible has resulted in the wound closing up from 2.8 x 3.5cm to 2.1 x 2.7 cm in the last 4 weeks. It gives me hope that maybe I can return to bowling in October or November vs Jan/Feb. I also got fitted for ba new orthodic boot called an Owl which should also help the healing

Chats: 32

That's good news Stormed1. Keep up with the doctors orders and they will get you back. I know how hard it is I was off most of the summer with knee issues.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12