Thread: New brunswick rhino Questions on my new ball....

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default New brunswick rhino Questions on my new ball....

I got a new brunswick rhino and I'm not 100 % happy with it so far...
    I was expecting a little more hook out of it compared to my Storm Mix.
    Both balls tend to hook about the same at the very back end.
    The lanes do not appear to be oily to me at least I can see NO oil track on either ball.
    First off the ball is only an 11# ball but I have tried to throw it down second arrow and it does get to the pocket but not sure that its because I have to throw more in than I expect . I was think it should tend to have more movement sooner.
    I'm wondering if it is the way it was drilled. Looking at the brunswick drill guide on their site leaves me with a few questions.
    I am not exactly sure where my pap is so I am not 100% sure which pattern my PSO used.
    The pin looks to be about 1.5" to the right and maybe 3/4 " above my finger holes.
    Looking at the drill guides it says something about an X hole to adjust the length and hook but not sure if that's something done before or after drilling the layout ???
    Can anybody make suggestions...or clarification to understanding here ???

I can think of three additional potential reasons you do not see more difference:
    1. You are spinning the ball rather than rolling it. This tends to make everything go long with a little move at the pins
    2. You are playing the wrong part of the lane - too much oil (too far to the middle) means to little friction to see a difference) too little oil (too far to the outside) and the Rhino will burn off energy too fast and nullify any difference
    3. You are rolling almost end over end - this tends to make all balls make a very little move
    If possible, I would recommend you get a good coach to spend an hour with you to see why and help you get a stronger release (for me I didn't understand how to not break my wrist and spin the ball).

SandBagger

At Brunswick, the unique core shape of each individual ball is used for weights from 12 to 16 pounds.

The above is from the Brunswick ball description of the Rhino. The 11 pound ball core isn't described and certainly why you are not seeing the results you are looking for.
    The previous post is something we all have to keep in mind.

Chats: 32

The Rhino is an entry level ball. it should hook somewhat more than the mix which shouldn't hook much but you also only get out what you put into it. As JJkinGA kind of said if your not releasing the ball properly the most aggressive of balls won't hook. Don't worry about the weight the core of the ball doesn't really have much to do with the amount of hook. What you may see is increased deflection with the lower weigh ball (more 5 pins)

It's impossible to say what the drilling is without knowing your pap. You can't just look at a drill sheet and expect it to match up as your PAP and other factors effect the pin placement in relationship to the desired drilling. The pin placement you described is a common location though.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone