Thread: Starting to come together

Default Starting to come together

Bowling in the Senior league after 20 years off. It's a different game now that's for sure. I've been struggling with spares and carry. I had a DV8 Vandal drilled up this week, wow does that ball hit like a freight train. It's 15 pounds and my white dot is 14. I can launch that white dot so my spares are improving. Only had the Vandel for a week but my confidence rose several notches today.

One word of advice. Be careful changing weights from 15 to 14, back and forth. About the only thing that PSO's and Coaches agree on is that changing weights is a really bad idea for the simple reason that it messes with your timing. When you are using plastic for spares, you really don't have to throw it any harder or any faster than your strike shots because plastic doesn't hook anyway (as long as you are line up right). What's needed for spares is accuracy, not speed.

can't agree more. I had a taboo spare ball I found that was 14 instead of 15 an I was pulling the ball like crazy but couldn't figure out why. Plus most of the time, from what I've learned, is people tend to throw faster for their spares anyway.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.