Thread: Summer league starting

Default Summer league starting

How is everyone doing for summer?

First week of summer league tonight for us

Had a decent start. Used my new ball ebonite warrior first game. First time using it since sanding out the thumb hole. 126.... Not great, figure I will try it the first game every week and see how it goes

Used my old standby storm virtual energy the rest of the night. 222-189 for a 537 for the night. Overall pretty good for me, as my average is right now is usually in the low 150s.

Another decent week for me. 135-212-166 for 513.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

looks like you need a practice game before league play, your first game is always the worst.

Well I got the ebonite warrior a few months back and just sanded the thumb hole out a bit so I could use it more comfortably. So summer league is my first time actually bowling with it. I usually start with that in practice and at least most of the first game so I can try and get used to it. Sometimes it's a bit of a struggle as the score shows lol

Forgot about this thread. Been mostly in the 490-510 range all summer. Last week was probably the. Most frustrating week I've had in almost a year as I struggled the entire night to throw 400.

Tonight was a struggle in a different way, as I was around the pocket but not great most of the first two games. By the end of the second I had moved another board and added a bit of loft to finally find - consistent line. But even then every time I got a strike I'd follow it up with a stone 9, a ten pin. I even buried a pocket with two messengers in each side of the 7 pin and neither touched it. I should have had 2-4 doubles but didn't get a single one. Shot 487 which is still solid fo me ( expect to average in the 480-500 range)

Sometimes u just don't get any luck. Made most of u make able spares so it wast terrible. But should have shot in the 500s