Thread: MOTIV Venom Cobra

Default MOTIV Venom Cobra

Review:

The Venom Cobra is the latest of the Venom Series brought to you by MOTIV Bowling. With the success of the Venom line, the Venom Cobra features the new Top Gear dual density core that is a new version of the highly successful Gear Core and then we combined it with the new Sabotage Hybrid Reactive coverstock. The bad boy will give the bowlers more length then the Venom Shock and more of a faster reaction on friction. Grab the Venom Cobra at your local pro shop today.

INNER CORE Top Gear
    COVERSTOCK Sabotage Hybrid Reactive
    FINISH 5500 Grit LSP

Comments:

When the Venom Cobra was announced, I was very excited because I have had a lot of success with the Venom line and seeing what MOTIV did I making a dual density core version of in my eyes pound for pound of the best cores ever made I couldn’t wait throw it and boy was I blown away. In my eyes the Cobra is going to be the ball in this series. It gives me a little more back of the back then the Shock and with my rev rate it’s exactly what I needed. The Cobra gives me the length I need and is one the strongest finishing bowling ball I have ever thrown. I was a huge fan of the Venom Shock and I truly believe that the Venom Cobra is going to be even better than the Venom shock.

Likes: longer length the previous Venom releases; strong reaction of friction; excellent continuation
    Dislikes; None

I recommend the Venom Cobra to all types of bowlers

MOTIV Staff Player,
    John Robertson
    www.motivbowling.com

Ball Specs:
    Motiv Venom Cobra
    Hybrid Reactive
    5000 LSP
    Ball Specs: Symmetric Core (Top Gear)
    Layout 60 x 4.5/8 x 35

Bowler Specs:
    Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 1/2 up
    Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
    Speed 18

Review:
    The New Motiv Venom Cobra is another nice addition to the Venom Line from Motiv. The Cobra clears the front part of the lane easily and has a good move on the back. I would not consider it a flip ball but still angular. The Cobra carries nicely even on off hits. I think the factory Finish is a nice match for this ball. If anything a little more polish for dryer lanes or higher rev rates works well. This is a great ball to go to when the Redline is too strong. That being said the Cobra fits very well between my Redline and Ascent Pearl. I have always been a fan of the Gear core and the new Top Gear Dual Density Core does not disappoint. I think we will see more Dual Density Cores in the future from Motiv. The way the Venom Cobra reads friction is nice and predictable.
    I have not tested this ball on a lot of patterns but our flatter modified house shot is a great match for the Cobra. When I want to go a little straighter, or when bowling on dry conditions this ball is an easy choice. I have a low rev rate so I could not get very deep with the Cobra but the outside line is super easy with this ball. The Cobra does not seem to overreact on dry outside boards either. The color and logo of the Venom Cobra are super cool! It will definitely get noticed on the lanes and on the shelf.
    This is another solid ball in the Venom Line for Motiv.

Summary:
    The Venom Cobra is a very good Med.-Dry Ball.
    The Hybrid cover helps the Cobra be predicable on the back.
    A great ball when the Redline is too much.
    The Cobra has a great look and Logo.

Video Link: https://youtu.be/AQ_HHcQ_gyo

Glenn Wendel
    PBA Member
    Motiv Staff
    Ultimate Staff

gwendel@comcast.net
    www.motivbowling.com

This ball is the newest introduction into the Venom line of MOTIV bowling balls. The MOTIV Venom Cobra features the new Sabotage Hybrid Reactive coverstock combined with the new Top Gear dual-density weight block . It's very clean through the front of the lane, It reads the med lane for change of direction and makes a strong move on the backend. Most importantly, it features the continuation that MOTIV balls are becoming known for..

It will be a great fit in your bag on medium to light oil. The Venom Cobra will become that ball you can count on when you need the ball to clear the front of the lane, but yet not hydroplane if it hits oil. It will make a strong change of direction, but not go sideways on the backend and best of all is the continuation you get as the ball goes through the pins.

My Venom Cobra is laid out with the pin down (below the ring), the cg shifted right and an extra hole about 2" below my PAP. This ball has already found a place in my bag, it's a great go to ball when the lanes begin to dry up. The ball drives through the pins with power that has come to be expected by balls in the Venom Line. If you are looking for a ball with strong backend reaction, continuation and awesome hitting power. Look no further, you've found it.

Craig Auerbach
    MOTIV Staff Member
    Florida