Thread: Thought I figured out my Hammer Bad A$$

Default Thought I figured out my Hammer Bad A$$

Went bowling last night as I do every Wednesday with my wife. I traded some speakers for a hammer Bad A$$ ball a few weeks back and only used it once and couldn't control it. Last night I said I'll only use it and no house ball and I wanted to average 140 for the night. I started off with a 133 and felt that I was understanding the ball and than next game I bowled a 156 and was real excited because it was getting better and I could understand the ball. Theeeeeen it all went down hill when we took a food break after eating I don't think I broke 115 lol. This ball hits so dang hard though but I feel every frame I have re align somewhere else to get it where I want it. Next week I'm averaging the 140! At our bowling alley we do 2hrs of bowling which is typically about 6 games for us.

I'm fairly new to bowling too and I know for me, I can be really inconsistent shot to shot. So do you think it's the ball or are you perhaps releasing it a little different with each shot?

during the middle of the first game and all the second I had my shot figured out and knew where to go and they all felt consistent. I think the games after with the lanes getting different I didn't know how to adjust and cop out excuse just getting lethargic from the food and beer. But it will be hard for me to blame the ball after feeling so good during the first two games.

well as the lane condition changes you do have to move boards, so it makes sense. You are new to bowling, from what it seems, so it will take time to adjust and learn proper adjustment.
    In my bag: Roto Grip Haywire, Ebonite Cyclone Gamebreaker, Brunswick danger zone vintage, Brunswick C-system Maxxed out and Columbia WD. High Game 300 (x3) high series 790...still searching for the 800.

oh yeah very new. getting back into it as a weekly thing for the first time in about 3-4yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_pocket View Post
    well as the lane condition changes you do have to move boards, so it makes sense. You are new to bowling, from what it seems, so it will take time to adjust and learn proper adjustment.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

You can bowl your whole life and think you have it figured out. Then one the next shot you don't know happened and you loose your line, and your lost. Its hard to stay ahead of the transition.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTenPins View Post
    I'm fairly new to bowling too and I know for me, I can be really inconsistent shot to shot. So do you think it's the ball or are you perhaps releasing it a little different with each shot?
    Couldn't agree with you more. I am new also. I can look like a world-beater one game, and the next game barely break 100!

lol that's me also
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadman13 View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I am new also. I can look like a world-beater one game, and the next game barely break 100!