Thread: Rolltech APP

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Default Rolltech APP

Who else uses this app and what do you think so far?

I started using it late October, started paying the $5 a month fee in December, have recorded 60+ games so far (all league games), 12 followers, following 29, entered 8 action events so far

Its still new and in development, so I am holing out hope that it will get better. Rather clunky still.

The personal stat portion is decent, maybe not as easy and detailed as some of the other tracking apps, but this isn't the main reason I have and pay for this app. I do use it to see which spares I need to work on during practice.

I wish the social part was better and had a good way to connect people. For every game, I accept every challenge I've received and send out a dozen or so of my own. It would be fun to have a forum for banter and find others that you want to challenge. So far there is only one other guy who sends and receives my challenges on a regular basis.

They have a league feature that to date doesn't yet work. I think it would be cool to have a huge on line league. Hopefully they are working on it.

The Action Bowling is the main reason I added the app. Lots of different options here, but so far it seems they have a lot of work to do to make them smooth. It looks like I'm in the money on 2, the closing dates have passed (5 and 7 days) and it seems they still haven't verified all the scores and posted final results. Still not sure how they will pay winners (they claim they've paid out over $20K so far)

Some of the interface is very clunky, waiting for it to pull up centers is a struggle at times.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I've looked into but you have to be online to use it and my local center that I bowl at was a converted airplane hangar and must have a lot of metal in the roof because no one has cell service while in there and they don't have WIFI.

I think it's interesting that you can basically gamble on your bowling.

Ringer

I haven't looked it into it at all, and I don't know how it works.

The obvious question for me is....how does it keep you "honest"? What's stopping someone from saying they threw 750 instead of 450?
    Current Average: 190

My Arsenal:
    Hammer Bad Intentions
    Storm Rocket
    Hammer Black Urethane
    Columbia WD Spare Ball

Chats: 32

I had looked at it earlier but they didn't have a manual scoring option looks like they've added it I may have to try it out. There are no auto scoring centers in my area.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

SandBagger

for standard game tracking and challenges (not action bowling) you can put in what ever you want

for action bowling you use certified league scores, your league must either be in a Rolltech house or use LeagueSecretary.com so they can verify your scores,
    first you enter the Action Bowling Event, bowl your games, take a pic of your league recap sheet, submit pic and scores on the submit score page, wait for the event to end, then 5 more days for Rolltech to verify everything, then at least a week for a check

could be great, but right now, its just so-so

I'm thinking of bowling in a league this summer that doesn't use LeagueSecretary.com, so how Rolltech evolves may have some influence on that choice, if i made the choice today, I would bowl that league
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

i had tried this app but i just didnt like all that well when adding a league or when i was putting in my scores it would freeze up
    current avg 203
    in the bag:crux, rocket, fury

I don't trust this app yet. Just too new and too risky yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    for standard game tracking and challenges (not action bowling) you can put in what ever you want

for action bowling you use certified league scores, your league must either be in a Rolltech house or use LeagueSecretary.com so they can verify your scores,
    first you enter the Action Bowling Event, bowl your games, take a pic of your league recap sheet, submit pic and scores on the submit score page, wait for the event to end, then 5 more days for Rolltech to verify everything, then at least a week for a check

could be great, but right now, its just so-so

I'm thinking of bowling in a league this summer that doesn't use LeagueSecretary.com, so how Rolltech evolves may have some influence on that choice, if i made the choice today, I would bowl that league
    I just downloaded the app and in the same boat. My summer league doesn't upload to those sites 😡

SandBagger

I cashed out my account, pulled the plug on the monthly fee, and removed the app

too much BS for me

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    I cashed out my account, pulled the plug on the monthly fee, and removed the app

too much BS for me
    I see! If I keep it during fall league I would do cheap tournaments. I am not dropping $5 a month or much money lol but I am not much of a gambler either