Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Improving on my 20 year comback

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    lol Florida is more humid, don't know if that's bad. I will try this tomorrow i tried every release known to man today and slowed even to 11 mph and the ball still wouldn't come back....lol.. since I am getting a new one next week I'm not too concerned. I do want to clean the NVS for a possible spare ball. What does a pro shop charge to clean and surface a ball?
    I know about the Florida humidity. I lived in Naples for 2 years and it was still better than being in NY & NC! lol But I never bowled while in Florida, but I know the outside temp there doesn't come close to the heat of the desert.

They'll probably charge somewhere around $50 to do it, but try it in the sun like I did today.

After the first hour, I put it in the shade to cool off for another hour. Then I went 30 in then 30 out for about 2 more hours and used my cleaner to wipe it down every 10 minutes.

My Vandal & VDZ had no oil after the final 15 minutes in the sun. The Thug Unruly still had oil coming out of it, but far less than before, but I kind of figured it would since it has the reactive resin cover stock.

Can't wait to hit the lanes on the Viper pattern tonight with clean equipment! lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 0

lol Florida is more humid, don't know if that's bad. I will try this tomorrow i tried every release known to man today and slowed even to 11 mph and the ball still wouldn't come back....lol.. since I am getting a new one next week I'm not too concerned. I do want to clean the NVS for a possible spare ball. What does a pro shop charge to clean and surface a ball?
    after removing the oil I too would resurface it. I don't have a spinner but I use one of these http://bowlingsmarttools.com/index.html

I found mine on ebay at a good price
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Chats: 32

If your looking at oil removal it varies a lot I've heard of some places doing it and resurfacing for $25 locally the lowest I've seen is $35. here it depends on what you want done If your just wanting to resurface after you've extracted and you just want them to put it on the spinner to refresh the existing surface it's $10 if you want a total resurface or the ball needs polished it's $15. My shop lets me buy a pad from them $5 and I can use his spinner myself for no charge but I do a lot of business there.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I have just learned that I am using a ball drilled for a lefty, The Bias mark is way left of the thumbhole so all my issues with that ball have changed....lol, I'll clean it myself and maybe it'll be a spare ball...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234