Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever hear of an old PBA member named Carlise?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

[QUOTE=fortheloveofbowling;144238]
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post

Do yourself a favor and check around for a good ball driller since you are just getting back into it. Good luck to you.
    my pro shop owner is Tom Daughtery and there's a guy named Hal that is a coach. Hal said the ball was drilled wrong, Tom just said quickly that ball won't work. Hal is Hollywoodhal47 on youtube, I think he tests balls for companies or something. I cna tell you I do not get under the ball alot or cup it. So I need a ball that will do the work for me.
    Last edited by LOUVIT; 06-08-2016 at 07:30 PM.

[QUOTE=LOUVIT;144239]
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post

my pro shop owner is Tom Daughtery and there's a guy named Hal that is a coach. Hal said the ball was drilled wrong, Tom just said quickly that ball won't work. Hal is Hollywoodhal47 on youtube, I think he tests balls for companies or something.
    You definitely found out he was right about not working huh? It would be a challenge to get that to read the lane for sure. I'm sure Mr. Daugherty will do a great job on your new ball.

Cranker

[QUOTE=fortheloveofbowling;144242]

You definitely found out he was right about not working huh? It would be a challenge to get that to read the lane for sure. I'm sure Mr. Daugherty will do a great job on your new ball.
    thanks so much, you cleared up alot for me! I hope Tom gives me more attention than he did when I walked in a few weeks ago. I am going to ask him to watch me throw a few frames and help me with ball choice and drill pattern. So in you
    opinion where should the pin be when drilling at 2 o'clock or 12?

I have not watched you bowl so i won't guess as to what you need. Tom daugherty is more than capable of giving you a good fit for your game.

Cranker

I have not watched you bowl so i won't guess as to what you need. Tom daugherty is more than capable of giving you a good fit for your game.
    I hope Tom steers me in the right direction I'm not the guy who will have 3-6 balls. I just want one good one that will hook. I can handle a hooking ball I think. 14 or 15# ball at 13 mph, well I throw 13 mph with my 16# maybe I'll pick up on MPH with a lighter ball
    Last edited by LOUVIT; 06-08-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Chats: 32

[QUOTE=fortheloveofbowling;144234]

I am very surprised that a few guys on here did not point out the mass bias markings location. That is the mark to the left of your thumb hole. The drilling angle as dictated by the white pin marker to your pap and the mass bias affects how long the ball stays in the skid phase. With that massive angle that ball will have a hell of a time picking up for anyone. If you have shown that ball to a pro shop and they didn't help you, don't go back.
    Good catch FTLOB that thing is so far left I didn't even see it. Wow
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

[QUOTE=LOUVIT;144244]

thanks so much, you cleared up alot for me! I hope Tom gives me more attention than he did when I walked in a few weeks ago. I am going to ask him to watch me throw a few frames and help me with ball choice and drill pattern. So in you
    opinion where should the pin be when drilling at 2 o'clock or 12?
    I'm sure that Tom is capable of fixing a good layout for you. Do make sure he watches you throw before deciding on the ball and layout. In my opinion terms of pin at 2 or 12 are antiquated at best. Dual angle layouts are the way to go. The reaction as far as drilling is based off of your PAP more than anything else and different people have their PAP in different places so the effect of a pin at 2:00 will be different for me than it is for you. Hope that makes sense.

Current arsenal

Banned
    Chats: 68

[QUOTE=fortheloveofbowling;144234]

I am very surprised that a few guys on here did not point out the mass bias markings location. That is the mark to the left of your thumb hole. The drilling angle as dictated by the white pin marker to your pap and the mass bias affects how long the ball stays in the skid phase. With that massive angle that ball will have a hell of a time picking up for anyone. If you have shown that ball to a pro shop and they didn't help you, don't go back.
    He posted the picture at 4:07, and 7 minutes later you're very surprised that people didn't point out the mass bias in messages that occurred before he posted the picture?

[QUOTE=Mike White;144256]

He posted the picture at 4:07, and 7 minutes later you're very surprised that people didn't point out the mass bias in messages that occurred before he posted the picture?
    He had posted the picture earlier in another thread I believe

Current arsenal

The picture was posted june 5th in the improving on my 20 year comeback thread..... Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast