Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me what to buy next

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

Default Tell me what to buy next

my name is Lyal and I'm a ballaholic..............

currently I'm averaging high 190s on a THS, low 190s on a sport shot
    medium speed, medium revs, up the back, med to low tilt, tweener leaning stroker style

current arsenal in 15#:
    pin down:
    RG Haywire
    RG HyWire
    Storm HyRoad

pin up:
    RG Eternal Cell
    Storm Snap Lock
    Motiv Paranoia

Monday League:
    Med oil THS with 7 out being out of bounds, older synthetic lanes
    Throwing the HyWire and HyRoad here, middle to third arrow, out to 8 to 10

Wednesday League:
    Med/heavy flat 35' sport short on newer (hardest Brunswick) synthetic lanes
    I play more up the chute, around second arrow with my pin up stuff

Thursday League:
    Med oil THS, synthetic heads on wood lanes
    Only been going 3 weeks so far, so still kinda searching
    mostly playing third arrow out to 4 to 6, lanes seem to loosen up after the first game but by the third, you have to deal with carry down
    Best games so far have been with the Paranoia

So, I've had the Snap Lock for about 4 weeks now and I kinda see this ball going to the closet before anything else in my current arsenal.
    Thinking of getting something else this weekend, what should I try and why?
    I'm open to ANY brand at this point.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    So, I've had the Snap Lock for about 4 weeks now and I kinda see this ball going to the closet before anything else in my current arsenal.
    I don't have one, Just curious, what is it about the snap lock that makes you say it's ready for the closet after 4 weeks?

Knowing what your not seeing in it can help in determining a better replacement.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 06-09-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I am partial to the DV8 Vandal because it's one of the most versatile balls out there. Good for all lane conditions as well as being a benchmark ball.

With that said, take a look at all of the balls that have that same versatility and see which one would fit you best.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Cranker
    Chats: 0

same question as post 2.....

Chats: 32

How have you had the Snap Lock for 4 weeks when it was just released on the 7th?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

my name is Lyal and I'm a ballaholic..............

currently I'm averaging high 190s on a THS, low 190s on a sport shot
    medium speed, medium revs, up the back, med to low tilt, tweener leaning stroker style

current arsenal in 15#:
    pin down:
    RG Haywire
    RG HyWire
    Storm HyRoad

pin up:
    RG Eternal Cell
    Storm Snap Lock
    Motiv Paranoia

Monday League:
    Med oil THS with 7 out being out of bounds, older synthetic lanes
    Throwing the HyWire and HyRoad here, middle to third arrow, out to 8 to 10

Wednesday League:
    Med/heavy flat 35' sport short on newer (hardest Brunswick) synthetic lanes
    I play more up the chute, around second arrow with my pin up stuff

Thursday League:
    Med oil THS, synthetic heads on wood lanes
    Only been going 3 weeks so far, so still kinda searching
    mostly playing third arrow out to 4 to 6, lanes seem to loosen up after the first game but by the third, you have to deal with carry down
    Best games so far have been with the Paranoia

It looks like to me as far as the middle and upper middle your covered up the only real holes in your bag are heavy oil which the Haywire probably could handle unless your on a high volume sport shot which your not currently (think Alpha Crux, Lock, or whatever Roto brings out this summer as a replacement for the Hyper Cell) or the lower end of the aggressiveness chart (think Storm Match, Ride, RG Hustle, or Motiv Tag. Depending on your style you may not need any of these but then again do we ever really need that many balls anyway and yes I have a few too lol.

If I was looking for what to take out I would eliminate the Hy-Road or Haywire (similar motion) and the Eternal Cell/Snap Lock (similar Motion) especially since you have the Paranoia. The Cell/Snap Lock read earlier than the Paranoia but the Paranoia should have more backend. Personally myself I would remove the Hyroad and the Cell or Snap Lock (I've seen the Cell but not the Snap yet so I cant judge) and get a DV8 Grudge or Hammer Scandal for heavy and a and a Ride for light. I've seen the Alpha, Grudge and Scandal all three and the Grudge and Scandal just roll better. Have Fun

Current arsenal

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I don't have one, Just curious, what is it about the snap lock that makes you say it's ready for the closet after 4 weeks?

Knowing what your not seeing in it can help in determining a better replacement.

for me it the continuation through pins
    on the fresh it seems to lack energy and deflects too much
    once the lanes open it hits and drives through the pins but not as consistent as you would expect.
    the pin action is there but every hit seems to be a little different.
    I'm not totally ready to drop it, and I will keep throwing it to see if I can figure out what it really likes

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    I am partial to the DV8 Vandal because it's one of the most versatile balls out there. Good for all lane conditions as well as being a benchmark ball.

With that said, take a look at all of the balls that have that same versatility and see which one would fit you best.
    My HyRoad is my benchmark/bailout ball, its drilled very conservatively.
    I'm looking for added weapons at this point, even condition specific suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    How have you had the Snap Lock for 4 weeks when it was just released on the 7th?
    early release promotion
    one of the few benefits of living in Utah (Storm's backyard)
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

SandBagger

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    It looks like to me as far as the middle and upper middle your covered up the only real holes in your bag are heavy oil which the Haywire probably could handle unless your on a high volume sport shot which your not currently (think Alpha Crux, Lock, or whatever Roto brings out this summer as a replacement for the Hyper Cell) or the lower end of the aggressiveness chart (think Storm Match, Ride, RG Hustle, or Motiv Tag. Depending on your style you may not need any of these but then again do we ever really need that many balls anyway and yes I have a few too lol.

If I was looking for what to take out I would eliminate the Hy-Road or Haywire (similar motion) and the Eternal Cell/Snap Lock (similar Motion) especially since you have the Paranoia. The Cell/Snap Lock read earlier than the Paranoia but the Paranoia should have more backend. Personally myself I would remove the Hyroad and the Cell or Snap Lock (I've seen the Cell but not the Snap yet so I cant judge) and get a DV8 Grudge or Hammer Scandal for heavy and a and a Ride for light. I've seen the Alpha, Grudge and Scandal all three and the Grudge and Scandal just roll better. Have Fun
    around here the houses use plenty of, so I have been putting off getting a dry lane ball
    I've yet to bowl a league or tourney around here where the lanes burned up more that what my HyRoad was effective on (again pin down CG in)
    I see more cases of carry down than dry.

last fall I was throwing a 16# Haywire and Carnage on the long heavy sport pattern, I do need to think of that in a few months and yes the Grudge and Scandal are looking like good options, leaning towards the Scandal

this morning my thoughts are along the lines of something not pushed in any of the Pro Shops around here, like a Pathogen, or something from Lane 1

for me it the continuation through pins
    on the fresh it seems to lack energy and deflects too much
    once the lanes open it hits and drives through the pins but not as consistent as you would expect.
    the pin action is there but every hit seems to be a little different.
    I'm not totally ready to drop it, and I will keep throwing it to see if I can figure out what it really likes

Try taking the polish off with a 4000 grit pad bet that fixes the problem.

early release promotion
    one of the few benefits of living in Utah (Storm's backyard)
    Wow that's awesome I may need to move

Current arsenal

around here the houses use plenty of, so I have been putting off getting a dry lane ball
    I've yet to bowl a league or tourney around here where the lanes burned up more that what my HyRoad was effective on (again pin down CG in)
    I see more cases of carry down than dry.

last fall I was throwing a 16# Haywire and Carnage on the long heavy sport pattern, I do need to think of that in a few months and yes the Grudge and Scandal are looking like good options, leaning towards the Scandal

this morning my thoughts are along the lines of something not pushed in any of the Pro Shops around here, like a Pathogen, or something from Lane 1
    Seismic Tracer would give you something different might try it with a length layout. With the Asymmetrical core and a longer rolling layout should give you a different look than your Haywire if your just in the mood for something different. We've had a few of their balls and they've been good. Not as expensive as Lane 1 stuff seems to be also.

Current arsenal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast