Thread: Do Utilize Video When Practicing?

Chats: 0

Question Do Utilize Video When Practicing?

Do you guys use a video camera/phone/tablet to record your practice sessions?

If so, do you use any particular analysis software to see what you are doing right or wrong?
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

SA.... Theres a great app call coaches eye, that I downloaded a month or so ago. I only got to use it on a couple of my Junior bowlers but it does seem to work pretty. The confusing part of it was they give you a trial period, and when it supposedly ends you still can use it. Go Figure. The entire software to buy is very expensive, but the trial will still give you slo mo. After you take the video and it's saved to your phone, you get another screen that gives you option to analyze, share, etc. Slo Mo will let you slow it down to 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8th speed. really neat and you can manually stop it anywhere. Check it out. Of course you need a smart phone and someone to hold it to video you.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

I like to. I use my iPhone and when I play it back I control the speed so I can get a good look at the swing and release. It really opened my eyes when I started showing me things I didn't realize I did

Cranker

I have one from a few years ago that I will not show....lol.. I used my go-pro that I use for my drag car.

I use my iPhone to record myself to show my coach. She has a killer video program on her tablet where she can show me two different videos simultaneously, and point out angles and other things that are good and bad. Really cool stuff

Chats: 256

I use an app called Hudl Technique, used to be called Ubersense.

Very good app and allows you to slow down your video and scroll through. Can zoom into your video to only show release or approach etc. Records in HD with upwards of 240 fps(frames per second) to really get a slow motion video. I only use the free version of it.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Keep the suggestions coming folks! Thanks to those who have already responded.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I use an app called Hudl Technique, used to be called Ubersense.

Very good app and allows you to slow down your video and scroll through. Can zoom into your video to only show release or approach etc. Records in HD with upwards of 240 fps(frames per second) to really get a slow motion video. I only use the free version of it.
    I'm going to have to check out Hudl. Seems like I had seen that in the app store before, but it wasn't free. Thanks vdubtx!
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

It's something I would like to start doing. My wife started recording some of my shots from league last night on her iphone and when I realized some easily fixable mistakes I was making in my approach, (very extreme case) I went up almost 100 pins between games 1 & 2! I will have to try out some of the apps suggested in this thread

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I have Coach's Eye and Hudl Technique.
    I use Hudl the most as it's the better of the two. If money is no object then Motion Pro and Bowlers Map are top notch.

I videotape every lesson at no additional charge. To me there is no price for when I say "You're doing XXXX" get told "No I'm not" then see their face when I show them. With bowling it seems especially true that what we feel we are doing and what we are actually doing are drastically different.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com